Commandline

Moderator: Telldus

emm456

Commandline

Post by emm456 »

Hi, I'm a new customer and I want to khow something about the tellstick. Is it possible, after the install and configuration of the telldus center to use command line (like eventghost) to command the devices
(e.g : run "center -e D5On" to turn on the D5 device) ? Thanks.

Nice day.
tom_rosenback

Re: Commandline

Post by tom_rosenback »

emm456 wrote:Hi, I'm a new customer and I want to khow something about the tellstick. Is it possible, after the install and configuration of the telldus center to use command line (like eventghost) to command the devices
(e.g : run "center -e D5On" to turn on the D5 device) ? Thanks.

Nice day.
tdtool is meant for this. Usage: tdtool --list for listing all the devices and the internal id. tdtool --on id where id is the id you got from the list of devices.
//Tom

Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
emm456

Post by emm456 »

Nice day.[/quote]
tdtool is meant for this. Usage: tdtool --list for listing all the devices and the internal id. tdtool --on id where id is the id you got from the list of devices.[/quote]

Hi, thanks for your answer and your help. So I have 2 questions :
- is tdtool work on windows (I saw a lot of wiki docs with Linux) ?
- it is not possible to define --on A1 or --off D6 and not the id of the device ? Because I would make the link hard, and I can't ask the id of the device after each installation of a knew device. I just know I installed the A1 or the D6. It is possible for example with Eventghost (but I'm a newbie in developpment and I can't convert the plugin code in my soft language. I think it made with a DLL).
toel

Post by toel »

--raw input (-r short option)
This command sends a raw command to TellStick.
input can be either - or a filename. If input is - the data is
taken from stdin, otherwise the data is taken from the supplied filename.

Example to turn on an ArcTech codeswitch A1:
echo 'S$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$k$kk$$kk$$kk$$}+' | tdtool --raw -