Does it run on Win10 IoT Core (Raspberry Pi 2)

Moderator: Telldus

Eriond

Does it run on Win10 IoT Core (Raspberry Pi 2)

Post by Eriond »

For all us Linux analphabets, finally there is Windows for the Raspberry platform!
The question is now "How do I use my Tellstick Duo from IoT Core?"
Is it even possible to get the TelldusCenter on that device, or are You (Telldus) planning to release a specific SDK for the IoT market?

Regards,
E
hummingbird

Re: Does it run on Win10 IoT Core (Raspberry Pi 2)

Post by hummingbird »

I'm also interested if it works for Windows 10 IoT, or if you plan to support it soon?
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

For all us Linux analphabets, finally there is Windows for the Raspberry platform!
That version of windows will not help you if you believe you will get a windows that is what you are used to. A lot of drivers and functionality is still missing and there is no GUI either.
For IoT, use Node-RED instead. Start with the Thing-Box, it will make your life easier.

http://thethingbox.io/
Eriond

Post by Eriond »

I already have the Windows IoT version running on my Rpi, and I do understand it's limitation.
However, I have my own limitations when it comes to *nix environments, and feel rather comfortable in M$ Visual Studio. I have spent the last 23 years coding for windows, and my primary goal has always been to avoid reinventing the wheel. Which is why I'm asking Telldus to port/recompile their drivers and SDK to also fit the smallest of Windows systems.

All I need is some sort of "Yes, it's in the pipeline, we expect to release it around xxx" or a plain "No, we don't see the commercial gain in supporting such development". In such case I will write my own driver or just encapsulate FTDI's.

Hope someone in Telldus staff is reading this and could shed some light on the question.

Regards,
E
Bertil_Duo

Post by Bertil_Duo »

Hi

Any news in this thread? I'm also interested in being able to install Telldus Duo on Win 10 IoT Core on Raspberry Pi 2.

Will it be supported by TT?
Any successful hacks out there?

Grateful for any feedback on this matter.

Best regards
/Bertil