Communication problems

Moderator: Telldus

PaddySe

Communication problems

Post by PaddySe »

Hi,

For a couple of weeks now, I get an error when sending commands to my TellStick. The controlled device reacts almost immediately, but after a few seconds, tdtool gives the following message:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telldus>tdtool --off 4
Turning off device 4, Fönsterbelysning - An error occurred while communicating with TellStick
Is there a debug mode or any logging I can turn on to begin trying to figure out what's going on?

I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2.
stefan.persson

Re: Communication problems

Post by stefan.persson »

Hi,

What version of TelldusCenter are you running? What batch of TellStick do you have? You can send us a support ticket if you want to, http://telldus.com/support/index
Stefan Persson
Software
Telldus Technologies
PaddySe

Post by PaddySe »

I'm running TelldusCenter 2.1.1, and my TellStick is batch 13, model TS001. I also upgraded it with the latest firmware a while ago.
stefan.persson

Post by stefan.persson »

Did the errors begin when you upgraded the firmware? Did you upgrade to TelldusCenter 2.1.1 at the same time?
Stefan Persson
Software
Telldus Technologies
PaddySe

Post by PaddySe »

I don't think it's related, I upgraded the firmware a couple of months ago and it's been working fine since then.

I'm not sure of when it stopped working. I disconnected everything from the server, moved it across the room, and then reconnected everything again. After a day or two I noticed that the only lamp I currently have controlled, wasn't turning on and off as expected.
I first thought it might be caused by the walls being too thick, but connecting the TellStick using a USB extension cord didn't help, so now I'm at a loss as to how to proceed with trying to find the problem.

Is it possible to download the previous version of Telldus Center?
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

I am confused. Does the receiver switch state when you send a command or not?
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
hadriya9091

Post by hadriya9091 »

HI .... Also 'desperately' awaiting this! Have written my own software (PHP) and wish to communicate directly with my Tellstick Net.
PaddySe

Post by PaddySe »

micke.prag wrote:I am confused. Does the receiver switch state when you send a command or not?
Sorry, forgot all about this thread :(

No, nothing happened. It resolved itself after a couple of days and several reboots. Must've been something in Windows which interfered somehow.