Fast PIR sensor, door sensor

Moderator: Telldus

Mirar

Fast PIR sensor, door sensor

Post by Mirar »

Does anyone have suggestion for the following?

* door sensor (I want to know if a door is open or closed)

* fast PIR sensor so that my system can know if someone triggered it, preferably within 1s.

Either seems tricky to get to work with Tellstick at all... :p
etompau

Re: Fast PIR sensor, door sensor

Post by etompau »

Don't know where you are located in the world, but the Swedish home fixing chain, Clas Ohlson sells the Nexa range of door and IR-transmitters. If they are fast enough for your requirement, I cant say, but they send it's signals more or less instantaneous when triggered.

Perhaps you could elaborated a little bit more on your requirements and your tests made so far.
Mirar

Post by Mirar »

Thanks for the reply.

Hm, I must have failed filling in my location. I'm in Sundbyberg.

Do they work well with the Telldus receiver? I don't want to connect them directly to any relays/switches, and I haven't tried any sensor like that with the Telldus yet. (They will be part of a more scripted decision chain.)

For the door sensors, the ones I found so far seem to "close" after a decided amount of time. I'd like for instance something for my system to remind me to close the balcony door or windows when I leave, or turning off radiators when I'm airing the room, so I need something that the telldus system knows is still open.
niclasf

Post by niclasf »

My Wireless Multi Sensor Mk2 send a NEXA ON signal immediately at detection of a positive flank on the Event Input port.
When a negative flank is detected it sends a NEXA OFF signal. Just as if it was a LMST-606, http://www.nexa.se/LMST-606-2.htm

A difference to the LMST-606 is that the LMST-606 sends a burst of 10-20 repeating packages, while the WMS Mk2 sends 5.

One limitation is that the change in the signal can not be closer than 0.9s apart. If that happens, the second transmission will not happen.

http://foogadgets.tictail.com/product/w ... sensor-mk2