Update:DIY wireless temperature sensor for Tellstick

Moderator: Telldus

niclasf

Re: Update:DIY wireless temperature sensor for Tellstick

Post by niclasf »

The first issue is probably due to that you do not have a pull-down resistor (R4) on the data pin. The resistor is present on the Wireless Multi sensor Mk2 to avoid this problem.

The second issue regarding the 100.1C value. This is a choice I made to be able to distinguish a measured value of 2000ppm from a overrun value. I thought it could be interesting to know this, but I might be wrong.

I am glad you enjoy the beta :)
I hope to put the final hands on an official release soon.

Thanks for your offer Simon. I'll let you know :)

/N
joob

Post by joob »

Any idea what range/distance it supports. I would like to measure water temperature but it's like 60-70 meters from my receiver...

--john
niclasf

Post by niclasf »

It is very hard to say. It all depends what you have in between those meters.
I have as an example using the sensor at my summer house. There it is 50m and two wooden walls in between. I have seen no problems.

It comes with a 1/4 wavelength antenna. You could change this to a 1/2-wavelength antenna if you like to extend the range.
free30

Post by free30 »

Thank you again Niclas the sensors are all working great.

I had a quetion I thought someone might be able to help me with.

I am tring to use one power supply to power more than one sensor. Yet with voltage seems to drop and I'm finding it hard to supply a constant voltage. Is there a capacitor that I could use to help give a constant voltage?

Any help would be gerat, as when the voltage drops below 5v the sensors give false readings.
:D
louloucmoi

Post by louloucmoi »

Hello !
I'm using RFXcom And domoticz on RPi.
I have made two Wireless multi sensor with esic_clone 0.9.5! It work great ! But The Two DHT022 sensor is seen as the same :banghead: ! Is there a way to solve this trouble ? because I need 4 or 5 wireless multisensor each with dht022 sensor and dallas sensor . Solve : one of the resistors was hs.

Well I have look for the source code but the link google doc doesn't work for me :'( Is it possible to give me a link or send me by E-mail ?

thx a lot for your work it is helpfull for me.

PS: sorry for my English disastrous
niclasf

Post by niclasf »

free30 wrote:Thank you again Niclas the sensors are all working great.

I had a quetion I thought someone might be able to help me with.

I am tring to use one power supply to power more than one sensor. Yet with voltage seems to drop and I'm finding it hard to supply a constant voltage. Is there a capacitor that I could use to help give a constant voltage?

Any help would be gerat, as when the voltage drops below 5v the sensors give false readings.
:D
I assume you mean the co2-sensor. It has a little bit more power consumption than the other type of sensors. You can always try with a capacitor. The larger the better.

What do you mean with false readings by the way?
niclasf

Post by niclasf »

louloucmoi wrote:Hello !
I have made two Wireless multi sensor with esic_clone 0.9.5! It work great ! But The Two DHT022 sensor is seen as the same :banghead: ! Is there a way to solve this trouble ? because I need 4 or 5 wireless multisensor each with dht022 sensor and dallas sensor . Solve : one of the resistors was hs.

Well I have look for the source code but the link google doc doesn't work for me :'( Is it possible to give me a link or send me by E-mail ?

This is easy to fix. I think you are just unlucky to get the same osccal-value on both pic:s.
Anyway, I will send you the latest firmware and some information about how you can change the id easily with the pickit2.
If you think you will have problems with this I can send you custom firmware where I have done this for you. Let me know what you think you need.

Don't worry about the English. I understand what you have written.
free30

Post by free30 »

niclasf wrote: I assume you mean the co2-sensor. It has a little bit more power consumption than the other type of sensors. You can always try with a capacitor. The larger the better.

What do you mean with false readings by the way?
Thanks for the replay.
By false I mean 100.1 as a reading when it should be in the 20s

OK I played around with it and not being an electrician had quite a few problems getting them all to work. Seemed like the voltage was different every where and the current draw from each had an affect on the others.
In the end I managed to get two CO2 sensors, four DHT22, and four Dallas sensors all on the same power supply. I had to wire the other up on its own again.
I managed to kill on of my CO2 sensors :cry: by wiring the positive and negative the wrong way around, only for a moment but now it flashes on and then once more then does nothing. :cry: That's what you get as a hobbyist.

I think I'll leave it like it is now, before I do any more damage. :D

Thanks again Niclas :)
louloucmoi

Post by louloucmoi »

niclasf wrote:
louloucmoi wrote:Hello !

This is easy to fix. I think you are just unlucky to get the same osccal-value on both pic:s.
Anyway, I will send you the latest firmware and some information about how you can change the id easily with the pickit2.
If you think you will have problems with this I can send you custom firmware where I have done this for you. Let me know what you think you need.

Don't worry about the English. I understand what you have written.

Hello All
Sorry but I was in hollidays ! I have solve my trouble. thx

I have new answer ! :)
I had connect a pir motion but It is seen like temp sensor not like pir sensor by the rfxcom usb! Is it normal ?
niclasf

Post by niclasf »

That is normal for the version of firmware you have.

In the latest firmware I have changed this. At an event it transmits a signal like if it was an lmst-606 from Nexa, http://www.nexa.se/LMST-606-2.htm

The Multi-sensor will also get support for a lot more, http://foogadgets.blogspot.se/2014/08/w ... vices.html

Let me know if you like me to send it to you.
louloucmoi

Post by louloucmoi »

oh Yes I d'like have please :) :help:

Well I had read the news ! It's great job !

Yes you can send me the new firmeware by mail thx a lot !
free30

Post by free30 »

I've been revisiting this project. Big thank you to Niclas.
Mostly in anticipation of a sensor 'SDS011' (High Precision Laser PM2.5 PM10 Air Quality Detection Sensor).
I'm hopping to use it as the CO2 sensor as it has the same PMW interface.

Anyhow in building another sensor I found that the wiring version <7+ didn't seem to work with any of the newer firmware (9.5 and 6). Looking at ones I'd done in the past I got it working with the following wiring plan. Not sure why....maybe my poor soldering or the parts I'm using. It needs the power for the 433 to be released by the transistor rather than powered though the chip . Just thought I'd share in case its helpful, or someone can explain why.

I'll let you know when the SDS011 comes and how I get on.
Thanks again for this project, its kept me amused. I see that the project has been updated and Niclas now sells DIY multi senors with much improved firmware from this old project, then again it still works as it did.