tellstick and sharkoon lanport usb

Moderator: Telldus

etka

tellstick and sharkoon lanport usb

Post by etka »

hello
i tried todaY A TELLSTICK WITH A SHARKOON LANPORT 100 USB ADAPTER AND IT WORKS GREAT,
i need more range as 30m and the tellstick net is only over internet useable and not only in a private
network without internet and wide location.with the lanport works both! local in privat network and
telldus live works too.and with a server software will work any dyndns.
best regards etka

Hallo
Ich habe heute einen tellstick , der eigentlich über usb am pc ist, an einem lanport 100 von sharkoon angeschlossen und es funktioniert alles !! Telldus net geht ja leider nur mit teldus live und nicht ohne internet.
mit dem lanport kann ich nun im eigenen privaten netzwerk ohne einen telldusserver alles schalten, auch was weiter als die 30 m weg ist , wenn man einen größeren Bereich hat , aber es geht auch telldus live oder irgend ein dyndns wenn mann eine server soft installiert.
grüsse etka

jonasolof

Re: tellstick and sharkoon lanport usb

Post by jonasolof »

I already use one Tellstick with a dovado router but would need another one in an adjacent house to control a heat pump. There is already LAN in that house, so using a Sharkoon lan usb port seems a good solution since the two tellsticks can be adressed separately. Hovever, I see a problem in that I need to be able to connect to the second Tellstick from the internet. Is it possible to address the Tellstick in the LAN port through the router from the outside?
etka

Post by etka »

jonasolof wrote:I already use one Tellstick with a dovado router but would need another one in an adjacent house to control a heat pump. There is already LAN in that house, so using a Sharkoon lan usb port seems a good solution since the two tellsticks can be adressed separately. Hovever, I see a problem in that I need to be able to connect to the second Tellstick from the internet. Is it possible to address the Tellstick in the LAN port through the router from the outside?

hello i think it will work, with the lanport usb, you can connect the tellstick usb everywhere in your local lan to a computer , or server, which is runnunig all time , and with the switchking sever software, you can connect the computer from the internet with a dyndns adress and port fowarding, or when yo use the telldus center , you can connct it with telldus live.
i dont know if you can run more then one tellstick with the same wan ip adress from your provider in telldus live .
but in the tellduslive center is a menu that you can manage more devices ,so perhaps it will work ,
under the sharkoon ip you only get the sharkoon lanport configuration pages , network,status ,firmware...
the runnig computer, or server means the stick is plug in in his local usb and not far away .
the serversoftware is on switchking , Free (for up to 5 devices) in the download
http://www.switchking.se/en/functions
jonasolof

Post by jonasolof »

If the usb lan server could be accessed over the internet also depends on the number of ports that need to be open. One usb lan server whhich I tried opens up three lan ports but the dovado UMR which can also work as a usb lan server with tellstick only needs only one one port so it is easy to do port forwarding in the gatewat to WAN router and address the Tellstick from the outside using ean ip:6435 where 6435 is the port that Tellstick needs to work
etka

Post by etka »

The lanport is not a server, it is only a far away usb port for a pc ,when you need to install the tellstick usb 100m away from the pc . so you can connect on a larger ground the lights from a stable to the automation from a house ,because the transmitter range off the usb stick is only 25m

jonasolof wrote:If the usb lan server could be accessed over the internet also depends on the number of ports that need to be open. One usb lan server whhich I tried opens up three lan ports but the dovado UMR which can also work as a usb lan server with tellstick only needs only one one port so it is easy to do port forwarding in the gatewat to WAN router and address the Tellstick from the outside using ean ip:6435 where 6435 is the port that Tellstick needs to work
jonasolof

Post by jonasolof »

Die lan port ist aber ein server mit eigener Netzwerkadresse.

I am using a similar usb lan server and plan to use VPN to be able to access it from the internet. Two Jump routers from automonitor.ro in virtual cable configuration.
etka

Post by etka »

yes it looks like a server because the ip adress but it is only a lanport . you need the lan usb utility to connect the lanport to a pc.
i think this will only work in your privat network (intranet) and not fom internet over the router with portforwarding because the lanutility ist installed on your pc and scans the local network for the lanport
in browser you can open the lanport configuration under the ip adress
to configure network adress device status firmware reboot,
to connect the usb adapter with your pc you need the lanport uility
and to use a software like telldus Center.

jonasolof wrote:Die lan port ist aber ein server mit eigener Netzwerkadresse.

I am using a similar usb lan server and plan to use VPN to be able to access it from the internet. Two Jump routers from automonitor.ro in virtual cable configuration.
emgee

Post by emgee »

I really need to talk to my home system without the need for an internet connection.
My system is linux based and I really need to be able to talk to a Tellstick transceiver using shell commands.
Being network only, I suspect there are things a Duo can do over USB, like telling the system about incoming sensor data and such, that the Net can't do over a network2usb interface.. Am I right?

etka, how are you talking to your Tellstick Net? Via that Tellstick Center interface, or what?
-- Micke Grön, drömmare
emgee

Post by emgee »

I found a retailer that actually had 12 Tellstick Duo for sale, so I ordered one! It'll arrive today or tomorrow! :)
-- Micke Grön, drömmare
etka

Post by etka »

hello, , i am a home automation beginner and i use the tellstick in different ways to switch.
I send it about telldus center, and use telldus live and telldus center as a server for telldus live
and i use the android app to swicht the lights

emgee wrote:I found a retailer that actually had 12 Tellstick Duo for sale, so I ordered one! It'll arrive today or tomorrow! :)
pethson

Post by pethson »

I did see some one at the Swedish Blocket in Dalarna who has some Duos for sale.

///Pethson