Measure voltage from arduino to telldus live

Moderator: Telldus

Mrtiger

Measure voltage from arduino to telldus live

Post by Mrtiger »

Hey,

Have a little project that i hope you guys can help me with.
I want to read voltage from a battery and get the result on telldus live from a arduino uno card.
I have made a program for arduino that read voltage from a battery and show this on a lcd screen and serial.print. But i want to use a 433mhz transmitter module on the uno card and send this voltage information to telldus live...how can i do this?
But what hardware can i use for arduino, can i use this ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/433MHz-RF-Tran ... SwMxtbRvER )
And how will the program for arduino 433mhz be and how do i do with telldus live(install it to telldus live)
Hope someone can help me:)
tronde

Re: Measure voltage from arduino to telldus live

Post by tronde »

Yes, you can use that transmitter. The transmitter is OK, but the receiver is totally crap, in case you intend to use it for something.

I have some code you can tweak and use for sending over values to Telldus.
https://www.gyrator.eu/arduino4telldus/index.html

Take a look at the frameworks for PCR800 or THWR288A.
https://www.gyrator.eu/arduino4telldus/ ... works.html

Please pay attention to my disclaimer. I will try to help if needed, but I am far away from being a stellar coder...
Mrtiger

Post by Mrtiger »

Thank you for your answer
Am goona take a look at this and i will come back with alot of questions;)
Mrtiger

Post by Mrtiger »

What about the "Combined thermometer / hygrometer THGR228N which identifies itself as "1A2D","
isnt that more like what am looking for, then i can skip the hygrmeter and yust use thermometer as voltage....

Ser at det er en som har prøvd på noe lignene tidligere og det kan se ut som han har brukt en av dine oppsett, siden har referer til temperatur tenke jeg at det er THG228N oppsettet han brukte.

her er posten:

Re: Arduino bibliotek (Gör din egen sensor)
Post by bergetun » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Hei Tronde,

I båten min (En Princess 50) har jeg temperatur sensorer for å måle temperatur i alle kabinene, motorrom etc. I tillegg til kan jeg slå av å på dieselvarmer, se vind og vindretning, sjekke om landstrømmen er tilkoblet + mye mye mer. Alt dette gjør jeg gjennom Telldus.

Jeg har lenge søkt etter en sensor som kan vise spenningen på 24 volts forbruks-bateribanken i Telldus, slik at jeg kan passe på at batteriene ikke , men har ikke funnet noe ferdig laget. Derfor begynte jeg for en tid tilbake å fundere hvordan jeg kan lage en slik sensor selv.

Nå har jeg selv laget et voltmeter i telldus som måler volten på batterien, så nå kan jeg sende over status (volt) på batteriene til Telldus ved hjelp av en 433mhz transmitter koblet til Arduinoen. Problemet er selvfølgelig at Telldusen ser dette som en temperatursensor og ikke som en spennings-sensor som det faktisk er. Det vil si at sensoren viser 26.5 Celcius når batteribanken er 26.5 Volt. Det spiller ingen stor rolle for meg, men det ser jo litt teit ut.

Er det mulig å få Telldus til å vise en sensor uten C (Celcius) ?? Helst med Volt bak nummeret, men akkurat det er ikke så viktig
tronde

Post by tronde »

Mrtiger wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:16 pm What about the "Combined thermometer / hygrometer THGR228N which identifies itself as "1A2D","
isnt that more like what am looking for, then i can skip the hygrmeter and yust use thermometer as voltage....

Yes, you can use that. No need for a hygrometer. If you need more digits, the PCR800 can be the right code. I have no idea about how to change the presentation i Telldus Live, but I use both codes to send voltages to Telldus myself.
Mrtiger

Post by Mrtiger »

little rusty, but where do i find the WlessOregonV2Multi.h library? that you use in the program.
tronde

Post by tronde »

It is in the zip-file. Just keep all three files in the same folder and open the *.ino.
Mrtiger

Post by Mrtiger »

i just seen that you include WlessOregonV2 in the program and the library file named WlessOregonV2Multi, so its the same library?
so i just need to change the name to WlessOregonV2Multi in the program?

Edit: Did figure it out;) just some time since i used arduino, so i need little time to remember things:)
tronde

Post by tronde »

What was the problem? I refer to the correct file in the #include statement. The difference from normal, is that I deliberately choose to have the library in the local folder to ease tweaking of it if needed. Was it the refrerence to the original file in the description that puzzled you?
Mrtiger

Post by Mrtiger »

Thanks Tronde, i got this to work.
just have the problem to change the C to Volt in telldus, just the same problem at page 3 in this post. think they was using a lua script or something..
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4134&sid=fee0cb30b5 ... 5&start=30