Sensor recommendations

Moderator: Telldus

samiwhat

Sensor recommendations

Post by samiwhat »

Hello,

I have znet lite v2 and im looking flood/water leak sensor and fire alarm/ smoke detector. Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks.
etompau

Re: Sensor recommendations

Post by etompau »

The Nexa WBT-912 can easily be adopted to a flood/water detector. Just connect two bare copper wires to the unit and it will detect moist or water when water shortens the circuit between the wires.

More advanced unit is the Sensative Drip. I have no experience of this unit though.
https://www.stripsbysensative.com/drip/

Smoke detectors, it seems that the market is quite limited when it comes to Z-wave smoke detectors. The available products seems also be very pricey.
Popp is one brand.
juhoroine

Post by juhoroine »

How about any generic leakage sensor with a potential free relay output, connected to some wireless switch transmitter? I have such sensor, but wired directly to PLC that closes the house water mains if leakage is detected (and alarmed through modbus).
samiwhat

Post by samiwhat »

Hello and thanks for advice.

I bought fibaro flood sensor but my teldus znet lite won’t find it no matter what I do. Any suggestion? :o
etompau

Post by etompau »

Keep the sensor close to your ZNet when doing the inclusion process.
stiffboard

Post by stiffboard »

samiwhat wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:24 pm Hello and thanks for advice.

I bought fibaro flood sensor but my teldus znet lite won’t find it no matter what I do. Any suggestion? :o
I also have a Fibaro flood sensor. Been a pain since I bought it, should've sent it back long time ago. Been trying to include it again lately, got a couple of temperatures, seems like it's dead again. Mail to support says it's likely dead. Two out of two Fibaros dead, rubbish, expensive rubbish.