Multiple tellsticks on one account

Moderator: Telldus

Serond

Multiple tellsticks on one account

Post by Serond »

Anyone know what happens if I add a second tellstick to my account?

I got a Oregon weatherstation that is a bit out of range for the tellstick, I have changed the external antenna but get dropouts now and then.
So if I get a second one will I get two different sensors (one for each tellstick) or will both tellstick be able to update the same sensor?
etompau

Re: Multiple tellsticks on one account

Post by etompau »

It's no problem to have two or more Tellstick on your account.
Both Tellstick will listen on your weather station, and if they are within reach, the station will show up on both Tellsticks,
ie one weather on each Tellstick.
Serond

Post by Serond »

Thats the way I do not want it. Then I see no point of having two tellsticks.

Also the tellstick is really bad for the weather station, it receives data periodically causing the recorded wind speed to be wrong.

In comparison I got two USB 2.0 Digital DVB-T SDR+DAB+FM HDTV T from ebay costing 60nok, together with https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433 I can receive the same 433 sensors much often. In comparison the DVB receiver get recordings several times a minutes. Here you can se Gust at 23m/s while tellstick 15m/s so for weather data its more or less useless.
etompau

Post by etompau »

OK.
staaleosen

Post by staaleosen »

Hi, not meaning to hijack this post- but is it possible to change the order of the Tellstics showing up in Telldus Live when you have multiple Tellstics on one account ?