Remeber state on power outage

Moderator: Telldus

Jhjelmqvist

Remeber state on power outage

Post by Jhjelmqvist »

Hi,

I use mainly cheap 433 mhz devices with my Telldus since until now it's merely lights I'm controlling.
Now I also want to use an electric heater in a room but the 433 mhz remote switch (Nexa) I'm using doesnt remember its state if there's a power outage, which occurs fairly often in my cabin out in the woods ...
So if the switch is on and there's a power outage it turns to off and since it's 433 mhz my Telldus doesn't know what happened.

It would have been great if you could add logic to the location controller itself so that when my cabin controller goes offline (or in the event of a power outage) I can trigger certain events.
I understand from other topics here that that's not possible, not even with IFTTT.

So, to my question (finally) :-)
Does anyone know if Z-wave devices are smarter when it comes to remembering what state they were in?
Or at least, if the Z-wave switch changes state from a power outage, will my Telldus know about it so I can trigger an event, or does the state change actually have to happen from On to Off when the system is online, instead of reverting back to a default state.

Do I make any sense?
etompau

Re: Remeber state on power outage

Post by etompau »

The Telldus 433-receiver 312538 remembers the status after a power outage.
Most Z-wave receivers have the possibility to program the behaviour after a power outage, either remember the latest status or revert to an off-state.
As an example, have a look at the Telldus Z-wave receiver 313510.
Jhjelmqvist

Post by Jhjelmqvist »

Thank you for your reply. I'll investigate z-wave receivers further, although very few of them state that they are programmable and/or remember what state they were in.
I can't use a standard plug like the ones you suggest since the controller for the heaters is a "fixed" installation. I currently use a Nexa LCMR-1000.
etompau

Post by etompau »

You need to read the manual for the receiver as this function is normally found in the "advanced section" of the set-up instructions.
As an example, both the the Telldus receiver 312618 (everspring) and the Fibaro Single Switch are programmable with respect to the switch status after power failure.