Lost all devices on tellstickznetlite ???

Moderator: Telldus

PetriK

Lost all devices on tellstickznetlite ???

Post by PetriK »

This morning all devices were lost on my Tellstickznetlite at summerhouse. Anyway everything works on Tellstick.net at home.

Anyone else experienced similar issues ?
Last edited by PetriK on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
etompau

Re: Lost all devices ???

Post by etompau »

Another user reports the same problem. Occurred after restart of router.
http://old.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6854
PetriK

Re: Lost all devices on tellstickznetlite ???

Post by PetriK »

Same thing with me, happened at the same time when restarting router.

Looks like this is a MAJOR BUG in the software when its synchornizing the local devices with live.telldus.com.
yngvejos

Post by yngvejos »

I got response from telldus, they could not recover my devices. They asked me if this happened during a power outage. I replied that it happened when I rebooted the router with Znet powered by the routers USB port.
They didn't have any theory why it happened, however they recommended me to power the Znet v2 with it's own power supply.
Vi rekommenderar i vilket fall som att använda en extern strömförsörjning. Det är inte ovanligt att routrar levererar för lite effekt och det påverkar direkt sändning/mottagning.
My router has a 12V 2A PSU, but you never know. Maybe it draws a lot of power duering startup and that caused some problems for the znet.
PetriK

Post by PetriK »

To me it happened when I connected power to tellstick at the same time with modem but both had separate PSU:s.

My tellstick znet lite is unusable as all the sensor data is corrupted. Looks like the index table is really mixed up as sensors are pointing to incorrect sensors or sensors which dont even exist.

Anyway Telldus support has not been even able to instruct how to reset the tellstick znet lite which is most disappointing - so in my case my tellstick znet lite has becom unusable and support can not help.

Any product should have three functions: Backup, Restore and Reset to overcome this kind of problems...
ArcticFox

Post by ArcticFox »

Same issue here.. on tellstic net v2.

Started at the beginning of December. Lost sensors, devices, events. After reboot all work for some time and then sensors disappear. Devices stop working.

Played a bit with the "magic box" itself and noticed that if after reboot I do not use app or telldus live on pc, "magic box" working fine in automatic mode. As soon as i try to activate device via app or refresh sensors everything crashes, sensors disappear and tellstic stop reacting on commands from app/telldus live on PC.

I have pro account. Before all stopped working I have noticed that sensors data were displayed with 2 hours delay.. earlier sensors data were updating almost every minute.

It is definitely not a hardware issue, not an issue with power or internet or signal from the sensors. Something wrong is happening at the step of user interaction with the "magic box".

I'm not an IT guy, but common sense telling me that this is either a bug in software or virus in their system. After user activate function or refresh sensors in app, this seems to send repetitive command or other unsolvable command to "magic box" and it starts to hang.

After you reboot, the functionality restores and "magic box" works OK in automatic mode. First interaction of user with "magic box" starts all troubles again.

Maybe it is just paranoia, but I'm really upset by the failure of my tellstic.. It is a winter time and it is good to have info from the sensors placed at certain temperature sensitive points...

Tried to contact support- they deny possible problems with the software and point on internet/power problems.