IFTTT -> Telldus very slow

Moderator: Telldus

PetriK

IFTTT -> Telldus very slow

Post by PetriK »

Is it just me or is the IFTTT -> Telldus connection very slow today. Now in the afternoon it took 48 minutes to trigger an event at telldus from the moment my program activated IFTTT webhook. In the morning the delay was 12 minutes. Now at 6pm its back to few seconds.

How to figure out if the issue is at Telldus or at IFTTT ?

HarryL

Re: IFTTT -> Telldus very slow

Post by HarryL »

IFttt can take up to an hour ifttt they say themself.. don't think there is an error just how it works..
(had Tellstick Net v17) now Tellstick ZNet Lite v2, Denmark, Iphone/Mac/linux.
PetriK

Post by PetriK »

No - IFTTT says that usually they execute in seconds, not in hours. IFTTT also says if the delay is several minutes then there is something wrong.

The IFTTT errorlog clearly refers to Telldus live service... they also say that usually they can resolve this kind of errors together with the service provider so I will report this to telldus support...

PetriK

Post by PetriK »

Again this morning IFTTT -> Telldus live delay was 48 minutes. The 48 minutes seems to be always there when the event initially fails. About 30% events from IFTTT to Telldus live seems to be failing at this moment.

Here the source code to post the event to IFTTT webhook. No errors back from IFTTT thought:
function trigger(item) {
let values = {
value1: item.value,
value2: config.currency + '/MWh',
value3: item.date.format('H:mm')
};
var opts = {

url: iftttUrl + item.event + '/with/key/' + config.iftttKey,
json: true,
body: values
};
console.log('POSTing ' + item.event + ' event: ' + values.value1 + ' ' + values.value2 + ' at ' + values.value3);
request.post(opts, function(err, res) {
if (err) {
console.error(err);
return;
}
// console.log('Success: ' + res.body)
})
}
And here how webhook is configured within IFTTT: