Telldus Live and delay in action when event triggered

Moderator: Telldus

jtlaine2

Telldus Live and delay in action when event triggered

Post by jtlaine2 »

Hi

I have few devices (sockets on/off) and magnetic door sensor configured in Telldus Live. All devices work immediately (0-2 second) when I turn on or turn off them via Telldus Live web page. Also the door sensor shows immediately (yellow bulb/grey bulb icon) when the door is opened and when it is closed.I ran into problem when I tried to configure an event. I set that when door opens, the light turns on. When I open the door, it takes 10-12 seconds before the light turns on. I repeated this test 10 times and same result all the time. In Telldus Live Event tab the countdown timer (30sec) starts immediately when I open the door. ALso the sensor icon under actions goes green right after the door opens but then it takes 10sec before the lamp turns on.

Where is the problem and how can I fix this?

Br
, Jouni
etompau

Re: Telldus Live and delay in action when event triggered

Post by etompau »

When a magnetic door sensors or an IR detectors is activated it transmits 433 MHz data during several seconds. An event in Telldus will automatically insert an delay between event activation and transmission. Without this delay, the radio transmissions could collide, resulting in an distorted radio signal and non responsive receiver.
jtlaine2

Re: Telldus Live and delay in action when event triggered

Post by jtlaine2 »

Can I force someway immediate transmission?

When I open the door (magnetic sensor), the Telldus Live app on Android shows in 1-2 second that door has opened. However it takes from here 5-8 seconds before the transmission starts to turn on the light. So magnetic sensor's transmission sequence takes only 0-2 sec, why Telldus couldn't start sending immediately after this?

Br
Jouni