Anyone else using Google home - IFTTT - Telldus

Moderator: Telldus

PetriK

Anyone else using Google home - IFTTT - Telldus

Post by PetriK »

Found it very easy to set up Google home to set commands to telldus using IFTTT. In IFTTT you can set up words and sentences that Google home understands to create actions like hey google, set lights on, hey google I am leaving now (to turn heating lower and lights off), ok google goodnight (to turn of lights and tv).

Now I dont anymore use light on/off switch at all as its so much more easier just to say lights on/off when sitting or even dim lights...

So anyone else doing the same just to compare what else can be done ?

my next project is likely to be changing tv channels using Google home - IFTTT - telldus with a small arduino based Sartano device...

ps. those of you who dont know google home its similar (but better than) to amazon alexa or iphone siri. it is a home assistant to ask various things like weather for tomorrow, traffic on road to work, time, or any encyclopedia fact that is found on internet...
alexbergsland

Re: Anyone else using Google home - IFTTT - Telldus

Post by alexbergsland »

I'm using it, since yesterday :D
I just started to set things up and was at first disappointed that Harmony Hub was not supported in Home in Sweden but then I found IFTTT and it seems I can do all I want there so it's not a problem.
As I already have everything set up in Harmony Hub (like, turn on the tv and the receiver, switch to this and that source and so on) all I had to was to create Applets that trigger these events.
The lights around our house that are managed by Telldus Live are only peripheral or whatever it's called, lights in the windows and such so those will still be run by the Telldus schedule but with possible control from Google Home like "turn the left dimmer high" et.c.

I am very impressed by how well Google Home (mini is what I got) listens to commands. Yesterday I was trying out commands on it while my wife was using our very loud juice extractor, I asked it to play a song, it answered something that I could not hear due to the noise and then when the noise stopped I heard the song I asked for. Amazing!
Lehools

Post by Lehools »

Hi.
I try to set this up, but I can only use the one telldus has created. Everytime I try to set up my own it doesn't work. Can you help me set up simple on/ off applet for telldus.
I set simple phrase "turn on living room lights" chose telldus live and the right light. But nothing happens.

Hate it when Telldus kitchen light applets work and not my own. :cry:
bEPH

Post by bEPH »

I think the integration seem pretty crappy.
You have to set up all your own interactions and no interaction with googles native service.
It just uses google home assistand as an speech to text translator and you can't use any keywords that google alreadye used which
means that when you some keywords that google uses the interaction is lost.