Nexa bell button and notification on phone

Moderator: Telldus

HarryL

Nexa bell button and notification on phone

Post by HarryL »

Hi.

I had a tellstik NET for some time and it worked, then i bought the new Tellstick ZNet Lite v2, could not transfer the current setup from my TellstickNET on live.telldus.com to the new one... so i deleted all setup and have it all working except the nexa bell button..

what i am trying to do is, when the doorbell rings, the bell goes off as normal(works) and i get a notification on my phone and e-mail that some one is at the door.. this is usefull when i am waiting for things like a package..

I have setup the nexa bell and it works, i can trigger the sound also from live.telldus.com, i have scanned the transmitter too(button) and it findes the numbers that also makes the doorbell ring..

then i have setup an event, that when the bell is triggered send me an notification on my iPhone and send an e-mail.. this does not work now?? is there something im missing?

i get the notification on other events/triggers so i know that that part is working...

edit: and there is no info in "Show log history (beta)" of the button has been pressed.. but the bell/sound is there..
I have this i the logs "Telldus Live! mobile - iOS" and "Telldus Live!" from when i have testet it but nothing else

im a pro member, but i can't see that have something to do with it?..

i have read and try'd this, but no dice:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5289
(had Tellstick Net v17) now Tellstick ZNet Lite v2, Denmark, Iphone/Mac/linux.
etompau

Re: Nexa bell button and notification on phone

Post by etompau »

Try change device type of the bell to self learning on/off, use the same scanned house code and verify that the event is triggered by an on signal.
HarryL

Post by HarryL »

Yea found that in an old post somewhere to and it works.. but still weird that telldus live have that option still.. fix it(bell) or remove it from events then ,-).

but is this a telldus live problem, or telldus hardware/firmware problem? can see from my notes that i had the same problem when i setup my telldus NET..
(had Tellstick Net v17) now Tellstick ZNet Lite v2, Denmark, Iphone/Mac/linux.
etompau

Post by etompau »

I would suggest that you issue a support ticket to Telldus for a correct handling of this problem.
http://support.telldus.com/?&lang=en_us

It seems that a device type= "Nexa self learning bell" will not trigger an event on an incoming radio signal in a ZNet v2.
gunleik

Post by gunleik »

Thanks a lot.
I had the exact same problem.
As a secondary action for the event I have set it to turn off the "switch" again.
:D
Puurtaja

Post by Puurtaja »

gunleik wrote:Thanks a lot.
I had the exact same problem.
As a secondary action for the event I have set it to turn off the "switch" again.
:D
I made a same "solution" for a same problem...Has anyone made a ticket for the that real problem here??