Reliability issues of Tellstick

Moderator: Telldus

Harri__s

Reliability issues of Tellstick

Post by Harri__s »

I have had Tellstick Znet lite (v.1.08) for ~4months now. Since then I got variety of (about 25) devices to control most of them on the zwave side. My plan was to use it mainly for two things
1) alarm by using one dummy device as the alarm on/off control and then events to trigger the alarm
2) control heating of the house and water with variety of plugin switches and fibaro relays

What annoys and troubles me is that I constantly run in to situation where one or more of the devices just wont take any commands from the tellstick (or it wont send any?). Today i came home and decided to test the alarm. What happened is that fist motion sensor was blinking, but made no alarm, second motion sensor in other spot send the alarm but the siren did not go on nor any of the lights i put to switch on in the case of alarm. Siren went on 10mins later and i couldnt switch it off. :banghead: Same happens with heat-control all the time. Most of my devices are within very close range so that should not be the issue.

In addition to these problems my stick has been forgetting devices, two times device has simply disappeared, second time it was the alarm on/off device which caused the whole system to malfunction.

I use alarm also for different temperatures with events. When im not at home it can be colder and at home it should warm up. What happens is that if temperature is below a value which would be considered cold during alarm-off period when i switch alarm off it doesnt trigger the heat to go on, only when this happens when alarm is already off.

My question is which one is buggy and beta, z-Wave or Tellstick? Have people experienced same kind of issues and if you have do you have any experience on other gateways? Are they any better?

I just paid year pro-subscription a month ago. At this level i can't recommend this device for anyone. :(
krambriw

Re: Reliability issues of Tellstick

Post by krambriw »

Are you sure it is the device and not the server that is causing the problems? I have no experience with Tellstick Znet but I do have with RaZberry and z-wave devices. For me those works really reliable but I have everything running in a local system based on a Raspberry Pi.
Harri__s

Post by Harri__s »

Im coming to same conclusion, 90% of My problems are related to connection Between server and telldus.

Today i cant switch off anything remotely, i tried two devices one 1m away and one 5m and nothing goes through.
etompau

Post by etompau »

Never seen any problems with remote control when the Tellstick Net or Znet is online. If the unit is on-line, the radio commands are sent in the correct way.
Have you looked at the logg for the devices you can't control? Any useful info there?

The Znet can run autonomously from the Live service and execute schedules and event by itself. If you think it's a server problem, you could always try to add some test schedules and then disconnect the unit from internet.

Otherwise, if you now have 25 non-controllable devices, I would recommend you to issue a support request to Telldus for further assistance.
http://support.telldus.com/
Harri__s

Post by Harri__s »

Hi, yes i need to submit a request for Telldus to check what is the problem.

Now after writing this
1) my alarm trigger device is not taking any commands, tried to power on/off both it and telldus. changing state from the device manually reports the condition immediately. just remote whent dead
2) I have four devices showing wrong state two of them are located within 2m radius of the telldus -> reset
3) Aeotec multisensor did not disappear just all the settings so the device is in some strange limb failure mode. -> reset

:help:

I cant blame all of this only with servers.
Last edited by Harri__s on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harri__s

Post by Harri__s »

I think the worst is the lack of self-diagnosis. If (when) something fails you pretty much notice it when you come home which is either dark, cold, robbed or burned.
Harri__s

Post by Harri__s »

If device goes to a state that i need to reset device (not by exclusion) this device can't be removed only hidden from the device page. Worst is that on sensor page/when making events this device still shows, just the values dont update. I have now two "ghost" sensors i cant delete. Am i the only one who has these issues?
Harri__s

Post by Harri__s »

This week everything is working like charm. Positively odd
IrmaIsfot

Post by IrmaIsfot »

If device goes to a state that i need to reset device (not by exclusion) this device can't be removed only hidden from the device page. Worst is that on sensor page/when making events this device still shows, just the values dont update. I have now two "ghost" sensors i cant delete.
Did you find a solution for this?