Any possibility to find out channel from sensor ID?

Moderator: Telldus

Nautilus

Any possibility to find out channel from sensor ID?

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

I had an Esic temp/humidity sensor in my greenhouse last summer (with sensor value logging to a database), now I'd like to set it up again. In the database I have the sensor ID but I cannot remember the channel any more. Telldus recognizes it as a Mandolyn protocol and this particular sensor has (to my understanding) 15 * 4 different channels. I assume the ID is somehow tied to the channel (as I've replaced sensors before and as long as I've set them up to same channel, the monitoring continues, i.e. it gets the same ID).

The sensor ID is 1541491, is it possible to derive the used channel from the ID somehow? In Telldus live the sensors show without the ID, but it displays the channel info (e.g. mandolyn 103 -> house code 10, channel 3).
Nautilus

Re: Any possibility to find out channel from sensor ID?

Post by Nautilus »

For anyone who might be interested, here's a reply from the support:
Telldus answers: 2015-05-15 - 17:32
Hi,
The ID visible on the sensor edit page is deduced partly from the channel, but also from another ID ("random sensor id") sent out from the sensor. It's possible that that id is changed each time the battery is changed. We just calculate the ID like this:
"Random sensor id" * 10 + channel

So you can deduce the "random sensor id" if you know the channel. But if that has changed since the last time, it's no good knowing it.

The sensor ID 1541491 is just assigned when the sensor is added to the system, your sensor was the 1541491th sensor added.

If you just leave the sensor on one channel, we can manually change the ID of that sensor in the database to 1541491, so that your logging will work again. If that's the problem.
To me it looks like that the mandolyn sensor ID on the Telldus Live "edit" page is always house code + channel number, e.g. house code 1 + channel 4 -> ID = 14, house code 10 + channel 2 -> ID = 102. But anyhow the real sensor ID apparently is just a running number...