Telldus_core: sending arctech protocol with group != 0

Moderator: Telldus

tournedos

Telldus_core: sending arctech protocol with group != 0

Post by tournedos »

Is it possible to somehow send arctech self-learning protocol commands with group set to something else than 0?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a Nexa self-learning door bell with a couple of button transmitters and one magnetic switch. I'd like to be able to emulate all these from software via Tellstick Duo as well (to play the same chimes, triggered by other events). The magnetic switch is no problem, but the buttons send with group=1 and thus the door bell doesn't react when I send commands with the same housecode/unit (with apparently group=0 always).

I could work around this by teaching other random housecodes to the door bell, but then I run out of memories (the receiver only has space for four separate transmitters).
plastbox

Re: Telldus_core: sending arctech protocol with group != 0

Post by plastbox »

This needs to be answered. The rawdeviceevent callback for the "group"-button on the Nexa remote control I sometimes use sends the same house and unit codes as device number 1 (of 4) but with group:1. For the tellstick to be a complete product I of course need to emulate this, but I cannot for the life of me find any documentation touching on anything related to this.

In fact, it's hard to find documentation of anything more involved that the most basic "add a switch to the config" with regards to tellstick.conf

The following is a dump of the rawdeviceevent-strings for my device's 5 buttons.

Code: Select all

Device 1: Raw device event: class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:15402826;unit:1;group:0;method:turnon;
Device 2: Raw device event: class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:15402826;unit:2;group:0;method:turnon;
Device 3: Raw device event: class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:15402826;unit:3;group:0;method:turnon;
Device 4: Raw device event: class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:15402826;unit:4;group:0;method:turnon;
Group   : Raw device event: class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:15402826;unit:1;group:1;method:turnon;
Another thing.. When I turn a device type "Group" on or off (whatever that even means, considering there is no documentation), telldusd needs to update the status of all the devices connected to that group. Now, I understand that I'll have to manually learn each device both it's individual code and any group codes I want as well as doing double "bookkeeping" in tellstick.conf, but I do need the ability to tell telldusd that several devices listen to the same code.

Thanks!
mkaut

Re: Telldus_core: sending arctech protocol with group != 0

Post by mkaut »

I also have the self-learning doorbell from Nexa and have the same issue. Running `python tdtool.py -t` and ringing the bell generates the following three calls:

Code: Select all

RawDeviceEvent: class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:22347858;unit:1;group:1;method:turnon;                          
RawDeviceEvent: class:command;protocol:sartano;model:codeswitch;code:1111001011;method:turnoff;                                         
RawDeviceEvent: class:command;protocol:everflourish;model:selflearning;house:4101;unit:1;method:turnoff;                                
I have tried to add the bell as a device using the arctech protocol to `/etc/tellstick.conf`, both with and without `group="1"`. The problem is that with the group info I get an error about wrong format, and without it, it does not work.
I tried also the other two protocols, without any luck.

It would be nice to have some way to detect the doorbell press and/or making the bell ring using Tellstick...