Tellstick Net - sensor updates freeze for several hours

Moderator: Telldus

Nautilus

Tellstick Net - sensor updates freeze for several hours

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

there is already one thread about problems with sensor updated, but I guess this is different topic. I have currently three Esic thermo/hydrometeres and for the most part they are working very well. But there are intermittent breaks in how they are updating. For example today one sensor has been updating every 10 minutes as expected but 2 of them had simultaneous "break" in updating between 10:26-15:40 and 17:20-22:40 (EET). So no updates during these times. And today is not the only day it has happened. First I was skeptical about the Esic sensors, but it would be weird that two of them stop working at exactly the same time. Could there be something happening in the server side that prevents the sensor readings coming through?

Also, I've read that some have reported very poor range with Esic sensors. Is this something about the sensors themselves on Tellstick Net?
RH_Dreambox

Re: Tellstick Net - sensor updates freeze for several hours

Post by RH_Dreambox »

I have the same problem with my Oregon THGN132N. Some Days it works great and other Days I have breaks for a couple of hours.
I Think there is problems with Telldus servers (overload) because my scheduler some Days lives its own lives with on and offs.
Tellstick - Tellstick Duo - Tellstick Net - Oregon TNGN132N - Raspberry - Z-Wave (RaZberry) - Fibaro HC2 http://www.temp.swedenroots.se/
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Yes that seems to be the case. Once again couple of my sensors are "frozen", the time it began was almost exactly the same as previous occasion six days ago (10A.M. EET). Let's see how long it lasts this time.

I think I'll create a support ticket out of this...
lioelec

Post by lioelec »

Same problem, and I have put a ticket.
Telldus answer : update firmware to tellstick net to rev12.
I don't test it yet
telldus Live!, http://tellmon.net, http://templight.se, Domospeak
tellstickNet rev17
20x otio,chacon,phoenix,GAO
2x THN132N
1x niclasf wireless t° sensor
mhritter

Post by mhritter »

I had the same problem; my Oregon Sensors freezed for 10 hours and more. Today I updated the Firmware to rev.16 (not 12) and for the moment my sensors updates appr. every 5-10 minutes.
Does someone know how often the THGN 132N sends the measurement (update) signal?
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Ok, thanks for the info. So far with my ticket they have not recommended any updates.

How do you by the way update to rev12/16? I can only find the flasher for fw ver4. In the beta folder (http://download.telldus.com/TellStick/S ... ware/beta/) there seems to be the .hex files for rev12/16 - I guess the update process is basically the same as with Duo (drag-and-drop the .hex-file to TellStickFlasher.exe)?
mhritter

Post by mhritter »

I downloded the flasher from:

http://download.telldus.com/TellStick/S ... sher/beta/
TellStickNetFlasher16. (zip 26-Nov-2013 10:02 6.0M)

So far It works realy good.

Greetings, Michael
stesjo

Post by stesjo »

Hi.
I have the same problem.
Have one ESIC, and often it is 5 to 10 hours with no updates. I also have two other brands of temp-sensors (one Oregon THS-810, and one Viking) and they have never failed. Always 1-5 minutes old.
I have a Net, and have updated to v16, same problem.
Ideas?
/Stefan
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

Oregon sensors send updates every 45-50 seconds

BR
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

stesjo wrote:Hi.
I have the same problem.
Have one ESIC, and often it is 5 to 10 hours with no updates. I also have two other brands of temp-sensors (one Oregon THS-810, and one Viking) and they have never failed. Always 1-5 minutes old.
Hi,

I did the update (ver16) as well but not much effect with that. I currently have five Esic branded sensor, a pack of two (in which there was one "normal" sensor and one for sauna, they are fixed to codes 11 & 12, cannot change these). The sensor in code 11 works always, haven't seen it fail, ever. Then I've bought three additional from Clas Ohlson for which you can set the code yourself, these are currently in 13, 41 and 42. When the update fails it is always all of these other sensors than 11, they fail together and recover together as well, usually around the same time of day. Would be interesting to test to change one of the currently failing sensors to 11 and the current 11 to something else and see if that has an effect but I cannot test it as the 11 sensor is fixed to that code.

Yesterday when the updating froze I also tested to put the sensor right next to Tellstick Live but this had no effect on the updates. I also have the support ticket still open.