Suggestion for improving Telldus Live

Moderator: Telldus

individual

Post by individual »

Mobile App:

Usability: So, I cannot group devices in rooms that I would access based on receiver location. I named them based on location and type, but now, when I try to switch one I don't know which is what, unless I make a guess for its name and then click one to get to details, where I can see their whole name. If I am wrong, I have to go back and try a new guess. Why can't I see the whole name of each device, along with these nicely big buttons which are very handy?

See the image bellow, and try to guess which is the ceiling light?!?

This is on a 7 inch Android Galaxy Tab 2 tablet.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-05-08-07-12-51.png
Screenshot_2013-05-08-07-12-51.png (103.17 KiB) Viewed 5302 times
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon
individual

Post by individual »

I modified this topic name so that I could suggest more ideas for making Telldus a better product. Everyone is invited to make its own suggestion.

I will continue with another one:

After some time of using Telldus NET and Telldus Live service I wish there could be a setting where I could tell the service: "if power outage occurs, when power is back on, reinstate the last status of the devices".

That is, when power is back on, all receivers will be in off state, because they were so designed by the manufacturer, to remain off if a power failure occurs. but hey, the controller should be SMARTER than the receivers, right? why not put them into the "last known state" after the controller restarts due to the power failure?
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon
tronde

Re: Suggestion for improving Telldus Live

Post by tronde »

individual wrote:
After some time of using Telldus NET and Telldus Live service I wish there could be a setting where I could tell the service: "if power outage occurs, when power is back on, reinstate the last status of the devices".

That is, when power is back on, all receivers will be in off state, because they were so designed by the manufacturer, to remain off if a power failure occurs. but hey, the controller should be SMARTER than the receivers, right? why not put them into the "last known state" after the controller restarts due to the power failure?
Agree.