Solution for temperature logging

Moderator: Telldus

Ankan

Re: Solution for temperature logging

Post by Ankan »

Would you like to share your code or at least the cron job code so we can setup our own logging servers?

There is lot of nice code for Web presentation of temperature and other sensor data from them 1-wire logging world.

Great job, by the way!
henkepenka

Post by henkepenka »

Hi there,

I´m sitting here and trying to figure out some new functions.

I think that its bad that you cant control your devices depending on tempeterature or humidity. I need this myself in my laundery room where it´s get very humid.
I've been thinking that you should set up and conditions and then every 5 minutes check if any of these conditions occurs, then perform the event chosen.

Ungefär så här:
If sensor laundery room humidity is greater than 60% turn device 32234 on
If sensor laundery room humidity is less than 20% turn device 234232 off
If sensor bedroom temperature is greater than 20 C turn device 23423 off
If sensor bedroom temperature is less than 15 C turn device 23423 on

What do you think? Any other thoughts or ideas?
Ankan

Post by Ankan »

Sounds great but is it possible to have your cron job code to setup my own data collector from live?
perkabolo

Post by perkabolo »

That would be a great feature! (I am a bit suprised that this is not a part of the telldus live service.)

I am doing something similar today using remotestick and tasker for android. It can also send me a text to warn me if the temperature is too low for example.

But that requires me to have an internet connection and the apps running on my phone which might be a problem when I am abroad and need it the most.

The killer hardware(reliable accurate up to date logging of temperature and humidity) for this seems to be missing though. ... support for oregon sensors seems unreliable (big gaps in reporting sometimes hours sometimes days), the ESIC ones works well with tellstick net but the hardware is not the best (accuracy).

There is DIY 1-wire to tellstick project going on but I lack the know how and have not found anything off the shelf yet.
Ankan

Post by Ankan »

Here is what you need to get 1wire to tellstick http://elektronikforumet.com/forum/view ... =3&t=63772
perkabolo

Post by perkabolo »

perkabolo wrote:There is DIY 1-wire to tellstick project going on but I lack the know how and have not found anything off the shelf yet.
I guess for those of us who lack the skills required and the time or commitment to learn, will just have to wait until someone starts selling a product based on that project. :wink:
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Hi,

really like this temperature logging service, good work (again)! :)

Don't know if anyone else has the same problem but for me the time is off by an hour. Seems to be in GMT+1 though the location is on GMT+2. So Tellstick Live is set to a correct time zone, but for some reason the temperatures are logged to a time that is one hour earlier than the real time here...
JohanS

Post by JohanS »

Nice work! I just tired it and so far so good - one thing I was wondering about though (just in case) how do I "de-grant" this plugin access to my Tellstick?
muikster

Post by muikster »

Hi, I also tried your software today. I have 6 sensors and their data is displayed correctly in the blue boxes. But there is no chart.

Browser console is showing this error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined jquery.min.js:29
henkepenka

Post by henkepenka »

muikster wrote:Hi, I also tried your software today. I have 6 sensors and their data is displayed correctly in the blue boxes. But there is no chart.

Browser console is showing this error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined jquery.min.js:29
Just wait for a couple of hours and I think the chart should be OK.
muikster

Post by muikster »

henkepenka wrote:Just wait for a couple of hours and I think the chart should be OK.
Yes, it is working now :D My times are also off by one hour, should be GMT+2.
henkepenka

Post by henkepenka »

Hi,

I just added a function for lost password and managed to cause trouble with the users passwords.

So, if you have trouble to login, please visit http://www.googleandroid.se/tellstick/f ... ssword.php and reset your password.

Sorry!
jkr77

Post by jkr77 »

Hi,

Thanks for a great solution. Is there any way to get the temperature history as xls, csv or directly to google spreadsheet?
JohanS

Post by JohanS »

Hi all

This is indeed a GREAT initiative and it looks GREAT! I was just thinking of how one can do this for "all", even those without access to a webserver/computer, and I have an idea...

I was wondering if we could try to do the same in google scripts (scripts.google.com). This would mean that anyone can run their own logging solution using just a Google Drive.

I have never ever used Google Scripts before, but they seem "easy", so I started a project where I aim to do this, but before spending a lot of time I thought I should aks:

Is there anyone who has done this already? If so do you mind sharing your script? Even just the functions to read the values from live.telldus.com would be benefitial (all examples for the live API I can see is for php, but this is something different, however using XML or JSON this should be "trivial" once I understand a bit more of Google Scripts...).

Once I have it all working I will release it for all - do you want to help/do this since you are better than me? I will accept any input, even a working solution :)

Cheers,
Johan
henkepenka

Post by henkepenka »

New website up!!

If you already have created a user you can just login, if you don´t have a user, just create one!

http://www.templight.se

Best Regards
Henrik