Tellstick Net XBMC plugin

Moderator: Telldus

Nautilus

Re: Tellstick Net XBMC plugin

Post by Nautilus »

henkepenka wrote:Hi,

I´m about to launch a huge update to the XBMC Plugin...
Hi,

sounds great with the scenarios and all! It is still under development I guess as currently the script gives errors in XBMC? There's some reference in the script to settings that should be made in the web page but those do not seem to be available yet (e.g. enabling scenario mode, giving username somewhere). Also with the plugin there's no settings defined so I'm not able to give to code from the web page anywhere under configuration. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this... :D
Nautilus

Post by Nautilus »

Nautilus wrote:
henkepenka wrote:Hi,

I´m about to launch a huge update to the XBMC Plugin...
Hi,

sounds great with the scenarios and all! It is still under development I guess as currently the script gives errors in XBMC? There's some reference in the script to settings that should be made in the web page but those do not seem to be available yet (e.g. enabling scenario mode, giving username somewhere). Also with the plugin there's no settings defined so I'm not able to give to code from the web page anywhere under configuration. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this... :D
Hi, with plugin v. 1.3.0 I got it working but the update was a bit tricky (eventually I did on a computer with not prior installation of the plugin and then just copied the files after setup to the actual HTPC installation, before that I tried to remove and re-install it on HTPC but that yielded some script error, blank configuration page etc.).

With the googleandoid web page I notice that if I create a scenario which name has spaces I cannot edit it anymore (have not yet tested whether it works... :) ).

Keep up the good work! 8)
kinglevel

Post by kinglevel »

great project!

Ive got the xbmc plugin to work with the telldus net, manually controlled on the "control lights" menu..
i have created a senario that basicly shuts all lights off whenever a movie playes, but it wont run... why?
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

Great plugin! It works well with raspbmc on Raspberry Pi.

I had a bit of trouble making it work at first, installing and uninstalling several times before it suddenly just worked. I think it is necessary to make a scenario on the web server before installing the plugin.

I found a flaw in the implementation of "Show dialog on movie start" mode (my raspbmc is always on, so selecting scenario at startup is not helpful). When I change a scenario the lights change to the "play" state, but immediately after the movie goes to pause mode with lights changing accordingly. I must then press play to resume and the lights change again. That's three light changes in a few seconds every time I start watching something, and it's very annoying. Why does the scenario selection make the movie pause? Can you please change this in your plugin if possible, or can I do something about this myself?

If it isn't possible to fix this problem because of some XBMC technicalities, is it possible to make an easy accessible scenario changer instead? I don't want to go all the 7 steps into the plugin settings every time I want to change a scenario.
My home cinema light automation: Tellstick Net, dimmers and switches from Nexa and Waveman, Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with Tellstick Net XBMC plugin. Everything is controlled by the TV remote using CEC.
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

Hi there again!

Today I upgraded one of my old Waveman dimmers to Nexa ECMR-250 to get better dimmer control with XBMC. It's properly installed and works fine with Telldus Live. I can however not make changes to it in the XBMC scenarios. It just seems like I do, cause when I press the edit butten to check my changes, they aren't registered (i.e. no priority and "nothing" on every action). I can still edit the Waveman units just fine.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
My home cinema light automation: Tellstick Net, dimmers and switches from Nexa and Waveman, Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc with Tellstick Net XBMC plugin. Everything is controlled by the TV remote using CEC.
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

Ok, I solved the last problem on my own. I needed to delete my scenarios and build them again from scratch. The database seems to have some trouble when the setup of dimmers and switches changes after the scenarios are made. Just one problem remains: When I set the plugin to dim to 0% (=off) nothing happens. I can't get the lights lower than 10%.

The issues I have in my first post are still relevant.
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I think my issues probably apply to others, and believe my solutions may help someone.
Betongtøffel wrote:(...) Just one problem remains: When I set the plugin to dim to 0% (=off) nothing happens. I can't get the lights lower than 10%.
I found a workaround for the dimmer that the XBMC plugin won't turn to 0% (Nexa "Self Learning dimmer"). I have registered the dimmer twice on Telldus Live - once as a dimmer, and once a switch (Nexa "Self Learning on/off"). When I need the XBMC plugin to turn the dimmer off completely, I simply use the switch version. It's not pretty having two instances of the same dimmer on Telldus Live, but it works. 8)

I'm still eager for a scenario switcher that is easily available from the XBMC menu. Apart from that everything is awesome!
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

Betongtøffel wrote:I'm still eager for a scenario switcher that is easily available from the XBMC menu. Apart from that everything is awesome!
I've been looking into XBMC plugin code to see if I could manage to make the scenario switcher easily available from the main menu. But I'm not a programmer and gave up. While I can't manage this myself, I think it would be quite easy to call up the scenario switcher routine. How about an app under the 'Programs' menu?

I will be very pleased if henkepenka or someone else would make an effort to code this (hopefully) simple routine. Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top?
individual

Post by individual »

I've just install it on a RPi (linked to Tellstick NET) and it worked out of the box as soon as I re-introduced the code Clvls which I thought at first to be CIvIS - as in CiviS. One other thing, scenario names must not have spaces... it took me a while to realize that if I name them with two different words, it's not working any more.

I dare to make a suggestion: it would be great to activate different or no scenarios for different XBMC video playing add-ons, or to remember the scenario selection for a number of times, or even better, to assign a remote control key to activate/deactivate the Tellstick add-on on the fly and remember that particular setting. Sometime I watch many YouTube videos in YouTube add-on and each time I have to chose a scenario... which mean +3 more clicks on the remote, which is very annoying.

Other than that, great add-on! Thanks for making it available.
TellStick Net v17 controller
COCO Technology & Proove switches/dimmers
Oregon THGN132N & Proove sensors
Software: Tasker, Remotestick, Telldus Live, DomoSpeak, TelLIVE Remote, Tellmon
X3M King

Post by X3M King »

Where do i get the code?

As soon as a enter the page the only thing i can do is downliad til zipfile. No login or nothing. Pls advice :-)

Thank you
individual

Post by individual »

X3M King wrote:Where do i get the code?

As soon as a enter the page the only thing i can do is downliad til zipfile. No login or nothing. Pls advice :-)

Thank you
You will get the code as soon as you pair your live account with this plugin's server here: http://www.googleandroid.se/xbmc/tellstick/index.php

It is written BIG: Connect your Tellstick Net here
individual

Post by individual »

None of my dimmers fully close light when they're set at 0% in your settings interface. In fact, when I set the light to 0% the command doesn't go to the receiver - nothing happens. So the lowest responsive commands is 10%. All my receivers are from Coco Technology. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Zapper

Post by Zapper »

The value sent ranges from 0-255 and not all dimmers use all those values. The nexa CMR-100 uses 50-200 in increments of about 16 så anything under 50 is just the lowest setting.
And to switch it off you have to send the off signal.
Betongtøffel

Post by Betongtøffel »

individual wrote:None of my dimmers fully close light when they're set at 0% in your settings interface. In fact, when I set the light to 0% the command doesn't go to the receiver - nothing happens. So the lowest responsive commands is 10%. All my receivers are from Coco Technology. Any thoughts? Thank you.
See my workaround above. Link
individual

Post by individual »

Zapper wrote:The value sent ranges from 0-255 and not all dimmers use all those values. The nexa CMR-100 uses 50-200 in increments of about 16 så anything under 50 is just the lowest setting.
And to switch it off you have to send the off signal.
Well, the thing is that from Remotestick or Telldus app I do can set it to zero from slider, and it works just fine. I can even set it to 1% or 2% as well as 67% or 99%. It is a very high quality dimmer. But when I set it within this plugin it doesn't work at 0%. Maybe an OFF command should be added, along with percentual selections for a dimmer, within this plugin.

And I don't want to register a receiver twice, I have many of them and it is too difficult to handle them all already. I can't understand why Telldus or Remotestick can't invent a grouping thing, so that i could access them based on a room selection, for example. I guess some things are common sense, but...