Telldus Live with iOS 5 and iPhone

Moderator: Telldus

Videonisse

Telldus Live with iOS 5 and iPhone

Post by Videonisse »

Got my TellStick Duo yesterday and activated Telldus Live. Then I tried to login using the TelldusCenter app for iPhone but nothing happens when I push the login button (in Safari). Just before I upgraded iOS to the new version 5.0.

I can login using Firefox on my PC so the problem isn't my account. And I do not use a Google or Yahoo account but created a new account on the Live site (https://login.telldus.com/user/register)

Should it work with iOS 5.0 or what can the problem be?
dr_blue

Re: Telldus Live with iOS 5 and iPhone

Post by dr_blue »

I have had the same problem with iOS beta 7 and the latest official release. Last night I enabled the debugging console in Safari (Settings > Safari > Advanced > Debugging) to check for javascript errors on the page but when I pressed the login-button with the console activated it worked.

But I could not get any devices, but my gf with iOS 4.3.5 (-ish) has the same problem since a few nights ago. Seems the server for Telldus Live might be overloaded, or perhaps upgraded to support commands from the new Telldus Net but it breaks the OSX-client?
nickeh

Post by nickeh »

I can´t get it to work after i updated to iOS5 either, is this a known problem?
dr_blue

Post by dr_blue »

I checked the preferences (Cmd + ,) in TelldusCenter and it says "Error retrieving server list" and "Host not found". See attached screenshot.
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2011-10-14 kl. 19.12.19.png
Skärmavbild 2011-10-14 kl. 19.12.19.png (48.02 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
Videonisse

Post by Videonisse »

Could someone from Telldus confirm if this is a bug and if yes, when it might be solved? :wave:
dr_blue

Post by dr_blue »

Mine works now, I restarted TelldusCenter a day or so later and then it could retrieve the server list and login.
stefan.persson

Post by stefan.persson »

"Host not found" is a known error. If TelldusCenter tries to reconnect when connection to Telldus Live! is lost, for example after a short network glitch, it will only try once to get the list of available servers. If the network still is down (your side or ours), TelldusCenter won't reconnect until it is restarted. This will be fixed in the next version.

You can follow the ticket here: http://developer.telldus.com/ticket/117
Stefan Persson
Software
Telldus Technologies