More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Moderator: Telldus

Thiboot
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by Thiboot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

I'm very interested to your Tellstick Net project but i'm in the trouble with severals plots : :help:

- Is there finaly a scheduler for it ?
- Will it get the possibility to do firmware updates later (in case of new future fonctionnalities, new devices compatibility)?
- can we command it with telldus center connected to the internet or only on tellduslive with an internet browser ?
- can we send command lines to switch devices throught the local network ?

Last point is particulary important for me because i want to use tdtool command lines with personals scripts when my computer is on...

If you have some answers to give me... :wink:
Ty

micke.prag
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Lund
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by micke.prag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Thiboot wrote:- Is there finaly a scheduler for it ?
Yes, its out in a beta right now.
Thiboot wrote:- Will it get the possibility to do firmware updates later (in case of new future fonctionnalities, new devices compatibility)?
Yes
Thiboot wrote:- can we command it with telldus center connected to the internet or only on tellduslive with an internet browser
Currently only trough the internet. Initially it will not be supported by TelldusCenter
Thiboot wrote:- can we send command lines to switch devices throught the local network ?
Not directly trough the local network. I have written a small utility though with the same syntax as tdtool for using the Telldus Live! api from the command line. So a web-browser is not needed. An internet connection is.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies

Thiboot
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by Thiboot » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Ok ty,

Really good news. (Especially for the command line capability)

I'm impatient to buy it !!! :P

Last question : How secure are the communications between Tellduslive and TellstickNet ? (No risks that a small malignant play with my lights ?)

kjelltp
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by kjelltp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Will the new duo or net be as flexible as the RFXcom units? I find they (rfx) are horribly overpriced, but quite flexible when it comes to protocol / device support.

thx

micke.prag
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Lund
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by micke.prag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Thiboot wrote:How secure are the communications between Tellduslive and TellstickNet ? (No risks that a small malignant play with my lights ?)
That is a really hard question to answer. The TellStick initiate all communication so it is not possible to send commands to it from an unauthorized source.
Someone with full control over your network might be able to do something, but then you might have bigger problems? ;-)
kjelltp wrote:Will the new duo or net be as flexible as the RFXcom units? I find they (rfx) are horribly overpriced, but quite flexible when it comes to protocol / device support.
In what way do you mean it is flexible? Could you give us an example of what you want to do?
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies

kjelltp
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by kjelltp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

kjelltp wrote:Will the new duo or net be as flexible as the RFXcom units? I find they (rfx) are horribly overpriced, but quite flexible when it comes to protocol / device support.
In what way do you mean it is flexible? Could you give us an example of what you want to do?[/quote]

I guess I mean, could I technically use it to listen / control any RF (within supported frequency) capable device, as long as I know the protocol layout etc? I have many different wireless products, like Nexa, Oregon Scientific sensors, energi meter, etc. I'm currently using DomotiGa software, and would love to use the tellstick.net (or duo) with it.

micke.prag
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Lund
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by micke.prag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

The TellStick Duo must know the protocol in order to detect it. But if the protocol is one of the protocols we support it is possible to listen for all that type of data.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies

kjelltp
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by kjelltp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

micke.prag wrote:The TellStick Duo must know the protocol in order to detect it. But if the protocol is one of the protocols we support it is possible to listen for all that type of data.
Ok, thanks. Now if only I can get it supported with the software I use, I'll be all set (when it's released).

moojen
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by moojen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Any ETA on the Tellstick NET?
When in july will it be available ?

micke.prag
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Lund
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by micke.prag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Sorry for giving you so little info when they are available. The reason is we don't have any good answer. First there was lack of components, but now the components are stuck in the chinese customs. Hopefully both TellStick Duo and TellStick Net will be available in the end of August.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies

moojen
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by moojen » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

micke.prag wrote:Sorry for giving you so little info when they are available. The reason is we don't have any good answer. First there was lack of components, but now the components are stuck in the chinese customs. Hopefully both TellStick Duo and TellStick Net will be available in the end of August.
Ok, Thanks for the update. I have still some other questions

i understand that there is no way to communicatie through the local lan.
I must communicatie over the internet through some kind of serivce at your site.
What is the reason for this design choice? Personally i hate this type of propriarty, and might be a reason for me not to buy this product.

Then is this device caple of receiving and (re)sending raw data?

Thanks.

micke.prag
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Lund
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by micke.prag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

moojen wrote:i understand that there is no way to communicatie through the local lan.
Correct
moojen wrote:What is the reason for this design choice?
TellStick Net is designed to be used without any computer running. Due to our limited development resources we didn't have time to support both Telldus Live! and telldus-core for this product at launch.
moojen wrote:Then is this device caple of receiving and (re)sending raw data?
Not with the current exposed API.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies

martijnh
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by martijnh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

micke.prag wrote:
moojen wrote:What is the reason for this design choice?
TellStick Net is designed to be used without any computer running. Due to our limited development resources we didn't have time to support both Telldus Live! and telldus-core for this product at launch.
I don't understand. Could you draw a picture of how Telldus Live! communicates with the TellStick NET? I would really like to have TellStick NET be the central command & control device for my RF home automation and e.g. use my phone to send it commands.

micke.prag
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Lund
Contact:

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by micke.prag » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

martijnh wrote: I would really like to have TellStick NET be the central command & control device for my RF home automation and e.g. use my phone to send it commands.
There is both an iPhone and Android application for use with Telldus Live!
You can use your phone to send commands.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies

elf98
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: More infos on Tellstick Net ?

Post by elf98 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Do you have any more info on when the new products will be available? Are there any new delays?

Post Reply