Contest - Guess our new upcoming product

Moderator: Telldus

fredrik.gullberg
Site Admin

Contest - Guess our new upcoming product

Post by fredrik.gullberg »

So, we will release some new good stuff really soon. We've earlier announced the TellStick Duo, but that's not all. We (the staff att Telldus Technologies) has been worked hard to finish the TellStick Duo to make it available in the summer of 2011, but we've been working on other projects as well.
To make things a little bit more interesting, we are hereby announcing a contest in which you can win the accual product if you're the first person to guess what the product is all about.

If you don't know about TellStick Duo:
Please read more here: http://www.telldus.se/forum/viewtopic.php?t=626

You can participate in the competition as long as you're not employed at Telldus Technologies, any of the suppliers, distributers, retailers for products from Telldus Technologies, or in any other way received prior information of this product.

Good luck and happy guessing!
Fredrik Gullberg
Telldus Technologies
landrash

----

Post by landrash »

---
Last edited by landrash on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stisse

Re: Contest - Guess our new upcomming product

Post by Stisse »

Hi,

At last! :)

I think the new product is some inteligent switch that works with the new telstick to have more control over you switches,
Like a switch(strömbrytare) that you can query by the Telstick,, not just recive, check status so if there is a manual power on the telstick handles that.
bive

Post by bive »

A display (touch controlled/WiFi) with support for Telldus Live and other webbased application with Tellstick support.
tom_rosenback

Post by tom_rosenback »

Stisse wrote:Hi,

At last! :)

I think the new product is some inteligent switch that works with the new telstick to have more control over you switches,
Like a switch(strömbrytare) that you can query by the Telstick,, not just recive, check status so if there is a manual power on the telstick handles that.
I would have guessed on same as Stisse but as this was already mentioned my guess goes on a repeater for the Telldus signal (range extension)
//Tom

Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

A receiver that can convert signals to IR so that I can switch channel on my tv from my Tellstick?

/Daniel
Senaste info och release om/av HomeAutomation hittas här http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
Latest info and release of HomeAutomation can be found here http://karpero.mine.nu/ha
hAmpzter

Post by hAmpzter »

I think it is more of a tellstick-central that can manage all your units and it saves all the unit-information in the unit itself. The unit can then be used with any computer to communicate with the units without the need to set it all up at that computer again.

It can also check the status of each connected TellStick (with capabilities to send back status) and transfer back to the computer / connected unit.

It also has the capabilites to keep schedules and check other sensors in the house to light up things when it gets dark outside as an example.

That is my thoughs!

Regards,
/Jonas
error1

Post by error1 »

A standalone linux-based tellstick controller with wifi and and iphone/android apps to control it
It also has bluetooth built in so it can sense the presence of cell phones and turn devices on and off based on signal strength as you move from room to room :)
Or pause the movie you watch automatically when you go to the bathroom!

(edit: maybe they haven't decided what their new project is but are waiting for someone to come up with a brilliant idea in this contest ;) )
Zaman

Post by Zaman »

A WIFI/Ethernet TellStick unit with a built-in web server that can be accessed from any unit on the LAN without having to be connected to a computer via USB would be my guess.
Power saving is one of the goals for many users of todays TellStick and a low power, all-in-one unit would be a logic next step.
RickardP

Post by RickardP »

I think it is a wifi Tellstick with RF and IR sender and receiver.
jajnas

Post by jajnas »

I think it's a tellstick that doesn't need a computer to run. First you configure the tellstick in a computer, and then it runs all alone... Maybe it also can connect to internet via 3g or wifi and is then controllable from a pc, mobile phone etc.
Of course it can also sense radio signals from other devices such as nexa and similar, and trigger macros to run.
Besök min blogg om teknik och hemautomation: JDahl.se. Eller mina andra sidor Köpa antivirus och Snabbare Dator
peec

Post by peec »

Woah, great news telldus, i love your company and how you are open about everything!

My guess that i can think off:
- A 2 way device series that can send messages and receive messages (2-way communication)!
dj_zgogo

Post by dj_zgogo »

I guess it will be tellstick wall-plug socket receivers and athor modules, with will have tow way comunication? that sends it's stat or data? ( temp. , light, sensor).
:wave:
alex_112

Post by alex_112 »

Awesome! Love the transceiver!

My guess is a RF->IR converter but since that already been taken my guess is a tellstick extender and/or signal enhancer :-)

BR
//Alex
ccBjorn

Post by ccBjorn »

A (standalone) Tellstick unit with SIM-card that communicates through 3G network (and Tellduscenter)?