freebsd 8-STABLE

Moderator: Telldus

pat

freebsd 8-STABLE

Post by pat »

tdtool runs smoothly on freebsd :clap: , I just opened a thread on http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=12553 to gather some ressources to make a nice "port" out of the Telldus-core software.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Nice!
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
joakimsle

Re: freebsd 8-STABLE

Post by joakimsle »

Hi,

I managed to install Telldus on my FreeBSD 8.0 before following the various instructions on the forum, but now when I try to compile it on my freshly installed FreeBSD 8.1, I can't get it to work.

Downloading trunk and compiling gives:

../driver/libtelldus-core/libtelldus-core.so.2.0.102: undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Anyone having any tips? (or is the port ready?) :)

Thanks,
Joakim
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

First of all, if you are the least interested in getting a valid response then give us some information.
joakimsle wrote:Downloading trunk and compiling gives:
../driver/libtelldus-core/libtelldus-core.so.2.0.102: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
This isn't much to go on if we want to help you.

Second. If you don't want to develop or try really experimental code. Don't compile from trunk!
Use our stable packages.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
joakimsle

Post by joakimsle »

Hi,

I agree... I'm really sorry for the poorly defined problem description... You know how it goes when you are frustrated :)

Anyways, I have successfully installed telldus before, as mentioned in these threads:

http://www.telldus.se/forum/viewtopic.p ... ebsd#p1900
http://www.telldus.se/forum/viewtopic.p ... ebsd#p2821

Using the tarballs: 2.0.1 - 2.0.3 all gives me the following errors when compiling on a FreeBSD 8.1 system:

[ 82%] Built target telldus-core
[ 86%] Built target tdtool
[ 91%] Building C object rfcmd/CMakeFiles/find_telldus.dir/find_telldus.o
telldus-core-2.0.3/rfcmd/find_telldus.c: In function 'main':
telldus-core-2.0.3/rfcmd/find_telldus.c:22: error: 'EXIT_FAILURE' undeclared (first use in this function)
telldus-core-2.0.3/rfcmd/find_telldus.c:22: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
telldus-core-2.0.3/rfcmd/find_telldus.c:22: error: for each function it appears in.)
telldus-core-2.0.3/rfcmd/find_telldus.c:41: error: 'EXIT_SUCCESS' undeclared (first use in this function)

... this is actually a different error compared to what I got from trunk...

As far as I understood EXIT_FAILURE is defined as 1 and EXIT_SUCCESS as 0, so when replacing EXIT_FAILURE with 1 and EXIT_SUCCESS with 0, it actually compiles.

However, when running tdtool, I only get the following short error message:
"Turning on device 1, Lamp - TellStick not found", even though my device is clearly recognized by the system when plugging in the USB stick:
ugen1.2: <Telldus> at usbus1

In /etc/tellstick.conf I have set: deviceNode = "LIBUSB"

I actually went back and checked out revision 370, which was the version I used before, and then after replacing EXIT_FAILURE and EXIT_SUCCESS as mentioned above, it actually compiled and installed and WORKS (I can turn on/off lights with tdtool), so there's nothing wrong with the device and FreeBSD 8.1 at least... I really don't know the differences between the tarballs 2.0.1-2.0.3 and revision 370 from trunk, but something has clearly changed which breaks the FreeBSD compatibility...

Hope this is clearer :)

/Joakim
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Thank you. This is much clearer now.
I saw the problem and have created a ticket for it. It will be fixed for 2.0.4:
http://developer.telldus.se/ticket/80
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies