nexa + tellstick and what light is on?

Moderator: Telldus

fredriksk

nexa + tellstick and what light is on?

Post by fredriksk »

Hello

I'm thinking of investing in a homea utomation system with nexa and tellstick.

My question is. Can Tellstic get info on/keep track off witch light hase been turned on?

I is of cource easy to keep track of light status in different software but what if someone turn a light on threw a switch or remote controll. Can tellstick (or i-e tellstick software) get info on this somehow?

Is this function avaliable in any other hardware that tellstick supports?
Zaman

Re: nexa + tellstick and what light is on?

Post by Zaman »

The receivers (the parts that receives the signal and controls the light) can not send information regarding their status and the Tellstick that you can buy in the stores today can not receive any signals.
To receive/detect a signal you will have to wait for the Tellstick Duo to be released (or be a lucky tester).

The only option would be to build a receiver on your own that you can connect to your computer and analyze the signals sent from the switches (if you use wireless switches) or normal remotes.
svingen

Post by svingen »

does the switsh send any "ok" packed when recived?
i have nexa system,if not is there any one that does so? it wold be good to buy stuff that will support "2 ways" so in the future when Tellstick Duo is "out" you can see if the light si actual off :) (have never have a problem that is is actual did not get off but always nice to know)
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

No, there is no receiver in this segment that has 2-way communication.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies