GAO / EMW100D - dimmer

Moderator: Telldus

zorac

GAO / EMW100D - dimmer

Post by zorac »

Hi!

Just bought a couple of GAO / Everflourish dimmers on Clas Ohlson, but I can't seem to find anything but the "GAO Selflearning On/Off" in Telldus?
Is there any way to get this dimmers to work with Telldus?

Best regards,
Sven-Ove
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: GAO / EMW100D - dimmer

Post by micke.prag »

There is no way, that we know of, of sending dim commands to these receivers. Therefore it is not possible to configure them as separate dimmers.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
zorac

Post by zorac »

After posting, I read the manual that came with it - seems you need to hold the on/off-switch to dim. :)
This means, it should be possible to implement a dim-function with Telldus, by making it send on/off-commands repeadly, or am I way off here?
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

The software is designed so it also can to be used without any user present. Since there is no way of knowing the current state of the receiver it is impossible to send out the "right amount" of on/off commands to get to the desired states.

This is a problem with almoast all dimmers on the market, they are not designed to be controled from a computer.

We only know two dimmers supporting dimming. Ikea (discontinued) and ArcTech selflearning (e.g. Nexa, Proove). My advice is to buy them instead if you want to control them from TellStick.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
zorac

Post by zorac »

I see what you mean... But, since the dimmer is at 100% when inserted into the outlet, and if one uses only Telldus to control it, then it should be possible to calculate the number of off-signals to send to get for example 50% and the current state would always be known by Telldus (as long as the device isn't controled by anything else)?
Not an ideal solution, but better than nothing perhaps? :)

Is this one of the Nexa dimmers that Telldus has support for?
http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=420427
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Yes, those solutions are possible but are far from 100%. That is why we have decided to not implement such workarounds.

The dimmer you refer to is supported by us and accept absolut dim values.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
zorac

Post by zorac »

Two Nexa-dimmers has been ordered! ;)
Thanks for your help :)