315MHz and 345MHz Frequencies

Moderator: Telldus

tridy

315MHz and 345MHz Frequencies

Post by tridy »

In the specifications pf TellStick it says that the standard 433.92MHz (ISM band) frequency is used for transmissions.

Some time ago I bought a couple of remote switches from the Chinese onine store CaryMart and they work pretty well for me. When I was thinking about buying TellStick, I realized that CaryMart devices use 315MHz and 345MHz frequencies:

http://bit.ly/bOIKmD
http://bit.ly/9sYxN1

It most unlikely that Tellstick will be able to work with these but it's worth asking, "Is it possible to setup TellStick so it would use or "learn" other frequencies?"

Thank you
[tridy]
micke.prag
Site Admin

Re: 315MHz and 345MHz Frequencies

Post by micke.prag »

It is unfortunately not possible for TellStick to learn a different frequency. It requires different hardware to change the frequency in the transmitter.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

433 is allowed in Sweden and I believe 315 & 345 are illegal ;(
tridy

Post by tridy »

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to buy one more lights dimmer and it's kinda hard to find any detailed information/links about the products.
telldus.se wrote:All Arctech Technology brands, e.g.
ByeByeStandby, Chacon, COCO, DIY/B&Q, Domia Lite, Home Easy, Intertechno, KlikAanKlikUit, Nexa, and Proove

Other brands:
Elro, Ikea, Sartano, Waveman, GAO/Everflourish, Kjell & Company's 3-pack (50-219), and Clas Ohlson's Remote Switch 3-pack (36-3570)
My idea is to get a dimmer that does not require additional power supply just with Live and Zero wires that I currently have in the wall.

So, the question is -- are there any dimmer switches like that available? Any from the mentioned in the telldus.se?

Thanks.
[tridy]
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
tridy

Post by tridy »

Thanks for the tips.

I have bought the Nexa receiver and remote and have been trying for several hours and then I realized that I do have the traditional transformer inside :evil: the lamp and it will not work with that (there was a paper inside the Nexa receiver that said with big letters that it will not work with traditional transformers; my lamp is a quite expensive one and it is less than 1 year old, so I was not sure if it had a traditional transformer or not. Live and learn). Well, I installed it in the kitchen instead, and it works with both Nexa remote control and TellStick.

So, right now, in my room I have a physical round dimmer/switch from ClasOhlson (32-3514), and it works and dims perfectly with my lamp that has the transformer inside. So, I would like to find a wireless receiver that would just do the dimming, and ON/OFF. I do not need the receiver to remember the last dimming state. The basic ON/OFF and DimmMore/DimmLess will do. Does anyone know if any of them from ClasOhlson or Kjell will work?

Thanks a lot.
[tridy]
tridy

Dimmers for Lamps with Transformers

Post by tridy »

Neither Kjell nor ClasOhlson have any dimmers that would support lamps with transformers, just if it's the usual lamp/s.
[tridy]