Door switch issue using event in telldus live

Moderator: Telldus

Dr_J

Door switch issue using event in telldus live

Post by Dr_J »

Hej,
I have a NEXA LMST 606 door switch with which I want to control the lamps in the hall way. So I have created an event in Telldus live which is exactly that.

I have managed to get a unit/house code that gives a "on" signal when the door opens (the door switch seems to have one unique code when closed but in the open position it alters between a set of numbers - is this normal?)

But I cant get this to work - sometimes the lights go on when the door is opened but mostly not. The funny thing is that when I watch on telldus live, I can see that the signalling is correct (door switch goes on -> lights go on) but the lamps are still off. If I manually in telldus live set the lamps "on" or door switch "on", the lamps are switched on, every time.

Anyone familiar to this?
etompau

Re: Door switch issue using event in telldus live

Post by etompau »

What firmware version do you have in your Tellstick (Net?)? From your description it seems that you have an older version.
Try upgrading to latest version 17.
http://developer.telldus.com/wiki/Firmware
Dr_J

Post by Dr_J »

I use a Tellstick ZNET v2, recently bought so I assume that I have the latest firmware. How do I check which version I have?
etompau

Post by etompau »

Firmware is shown under "Setup Locations".

You must ensure that opening/closing of the magnet switch will correctly update the status in Telldus Live, ie the lamp icon goes on and off. If this doesn't work reliable, the event will not trigger in the correct way.

Also be aware that there has been some hardware issues with the ZNet V2 related to the 433 MHz part. Perhaps you are affected by this?