Wall switch and dimmer

Moderator: Telldus

Fredrik13

Wall switch and dimmer

Post by Fredrik13 »

I am pretty new to Tellstick and the whole smarthouse thing. So far I have bought different switches and hardware that does not work as I thought so I need some advice.
I have a wall-switch which is divided in 3 on/off switches, which in turn controls 3 different lamps. I would like to control 1 of the lamps via the Tellstick with dimming and keep the wall-switch on/off functionality. What do I need? Will Nexa WMR-252 work for this?
etompau

Re: Wall switch and dimmer

Post by etompau »

The Nexa WMR-252 can work, but you need to re-wire you wall switches, as the control signals to the WMR-252 must be potential-free, i.e. no 230 V.
One possible solution could be to mount an extension frame, mount two new wall switches, one handles the two existing lamps and one handles the control signals to the WMR-252.
The WMR-252 is then connected in series with phase lead to the lamp.
Fredrik13

Post by Fredrik13 »

Thank you again for the fast reply. In which cases would the WMR-252 be used then? And is there another solution?
etompau

Post by etompau »

Basically the WMR-252 replaces an ordinary one pole switch, that's about it. Then you connect the existing switch to the control inputs of the WMR.
Example of this can be found in the Nexa manual.

You then say that you have a three gang switch, this switch cannot be used to control the WMR-252 because you don't have any available voltage free contacts.