Use of delay

Moderator: Telldus

rspoonz

Use of delay

Post by rspoonz »

Hi...

Before I pay for a Telldus Live pro account I would like to confirm that the action delay parameter will allow me to do the following:
I would like an action to be performed 1 hour after the last motion sensor event (in other words 1 hour after motion was last detected I would like to trigger an action).

Is this possible?

...Richard
etompau

Re: Use of delay

Post by etompau »

It should be possible. Perhaps you could have an event that triggers when the motion sensor sends it's OFF command (when motion is no longer detected) and then select a delay of 3600 seconds on the specific action.
rspoonz

Post by rspoonz »

Hi etompau...

So how would a subsequent ON from the motion sensor stop the original delayed OFF action?

...Richard
Andersson8

Post by Andersson8 »

rspoonz wrote:Hi etompau...

So how would a subsequent ON from the motion sensor stop the original delayed OFF action?

...Richard
You could start 2 events. One on after 3600sek and one off after, for example, 4000sek. Depending on how long you want it to be on.
rspoonz

Post by rspoonz »

Andersson8 wrote:

...Richard
You could start 2 events. One on after 3600sek and one off after, for example, 4000sek. Depending on how long you want it to be on.
Thanks Andersson8, but it's not clear to me how this would help.

...Richard
Andersson8

Post by Andersson8 »

rspoonz wrote:
Andersson8 wrote:

...Richard
Thanks Andersson8, but it's not clear to me how this would help.

...Richard
When the motion sensor sends "off" you start one event that triggers whatever after 3600 seconds.
the other event also starts when the motion sensor sends "off" but with a longer delay and you trigger set as off.

ex. motion detected sends "off".
both the events starts their counter. after 3600 seconds your "light" turns on.
after 4000sec the lamp turns off from the other event.

Or what is it that you want to do? Maybe I dont understand you?
etompau

Post by etompau »

What kind of IR detector do you have?
A Nexa LMDT-609 has a timer function which starts to count down when no movement has been detected. The timer is restarted every time a movement is detected.
Set the timer to 10 minutes. If no movement has been detected during this time period, an OFF-signal is sent --> activates your event with a 50 minutes delay.
rspoonz

Post by rspoonz »

Andersson8 wrote:
When the motion sensor sends "off" you start one event that triggers whatever after 3600 seconds.
the other event also starts when the motion sensor sends "off" but with a longer delay and you trigger set as off.

That's not quite what I want. I would like to determine that there has been no activity in an area (ideally from multiple motion sensors) within the last hour so that I can start shutting down lighting and heating etc.

...Richard
rspoonz

Post by rspoonz »

etompau wrote:What kind of IR detector do you have?
A Nexa LMDT-609 has a timer function which starts to count down when no movement has been detected. The timer is restarted every time a movement is detected.
Set the timer to 10 minutes. If no movement has been detected during this time period, an OFF-signal is sent --> activates your event with a 50 minutes delay.
That would give me what I want for 10 minutes but my action would still occur 50 minutes later even if further activity was detected.

...Richard
Andersson8

Post by Andersson8 »

rspoonz wrote:
Andersson8 wrote:

That's not quite what I want. I would like to determine that there has been no activity in an area (ideally from multiple motion sensors) within the last hour so that I can start shutting down lighting and heating etc.

...Richard
Ok, then you only need one event. You can choose in the event if the counter shall restart or continue if it detects new movement. Choose restart and you will know that no movement has been seen in the last 3600s.
rspoonz

Post by rspoonz »

Andersson8 wrote:
rspoonz wrote:
Ok, then you only need one event. You can choose in the event if the counter shall restart or continue if it detects new movement. Choose restart and you will know that no movement has been seen in the last 3600s.
Excellent, thanks.
etompau

Post by etompau »

Perhaps you could use a dummy device, which the detector only can activate in an event (ON as trigger). In this event you add an action that resets this device after 60 minutes.
Then in another event you use this device as an condition --> IR detector sends OFF with condition dummy device is OFF and the event is run according to your needs.
rspoonz

Post by rspoonz »

etompau wrote:Perhaps you could use a dummy device, which the detector only can activate in an event (ON as trigger). In this event you add an action that resets this device after 60 minutes.
Then in another event you use this device as an condition --> IR detector sends OFF with condition dummy device is OFF and the event is run according to your needs.
Thanks, I'll try that too.