Simple light bulb socket receiver

Moderator: Telldus

moryoav

Simple light bulb socket receiver

Post by moryoav »

Hello,

I have a simple receiver that is connected directly between the light bulb and the socket, it looks something like this:
http://www.kjell.com/?item=50354&path=3 ... ,331000000

On the remote that comes with it, it says: 433.92Mhz

Is there a way for me to control it with my Tellstick?
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Does it look "something" like that or is it that one?

We support many different types of receivers, if you cannot tell us the brand of yours it is hard for us to tell you if we support it.

If yours i Nexa/Proove as the link you supplied it can be setup in TelldusCenter as this guide shows:
http://developer.telldus.se/wiki/Usage% ... e%20system
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
moryoav

Post by moryoav »

So here's the thing, it's not exactly it, but it looks like it, I thought all those units are basically the same - manufactured in the same factory in china or something... :-).
So my real question is this - if a unit is not self-learning, and I have a unit and it's remote control, is there a way for me to make TellStick learn the code? Can it work like this?

I also have a few Nexa units coming in the mail tomorrow, I'm sure it'll be much simpler with those...
micke.prag wrote:Does it look "something" like that or is it that one?

We support many different types of receivers, if you cannot tell us the brand of yours it is hard for us to tell you if we support it.

If yours i Nexa/Proove as the link you supplied it can be setup in TelldusCenter as this guide shows:
http://developer.telldus.se/wiki/Usage% ... e%20system
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

A lot of receivers comes from the same manufacturer in China. But without knowing which one you have we cannot tell you if it works or not. Please supply the brand name, where you bought it or something!

Even if you know the unitcode you cannot use it without knowing which protocol (manufacturer) it uses.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
moryoav

Post by moryoav »

micke.prag wrote:A lot of receivers comes from the same manufacturer in China. But without knowing which one you have we cannot tell you if it works or not. Please supply the brand name, where you bought it or something!

Even if you know the unitcode you cannot use it without knowing which protocol (manufacturer) it uses.
I'll just wait for the Nexa units then... I thought it would also work with no-name units as well... (somehow learn the code through the remote, like universal remote works). Never mind... thank you anyhow!
Bomben2k

Re: Simple light bulb socket receiver

Post by Bomben2k »

moryoav wrote:Hello,

I have a simple receiver that is connected directly between the light bulb and the socket, it looks something like this:
http://www.kjell.com/?item=50354&path=3 ... ,331000000

On the remote that comes with it, it says: 433.92Mhz

Is there a way for me to control it with my Tellstick?
Lamp hållaren som länkades, fungerar den?
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Yes
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
Hjtrakfö

Post by Hjtrakfö »

Bought one of these from Kjell&CO (#50354), added this code to tellstick.conf

Code: Select all

device {
  id = 23
  name = "PROOVE socket"
  protocol = "arctech"
  model = "selflearning-switch"
  parameters {
    house = "112233"
    unit = "3"
  }
}

it doesn't selflearn like my other PROOVE selflearning switches do.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Try to keep the TellStick as close to the receiver as possible during the learning-phase. The receiver is much more sensitive during the learning.

The receiver we have works just like any other receiver. Is your receiver Nexa or Proove?
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
Hjtrakfö

Post by Hjtrakfö »

This receiver is a PROOVE LBUR-100 Batch 10246, bought it today just to test it. It blinks the red LED for 5 secs after pushing the button, otherwise nothing happens.

Other PROOVE devices like LYCR-3500 and LYCR-300 learns just fine with tdtool.

Tried different distances from wrapping the tellstick wire antenna round the receiver up to several meters.
Gurgel

Post by Gurgel »

I bought one today,

I had problems with learning, but i discovered that you have to press the learn button on the receiver before you activate learn mode on the telldus. And not the other way around.

I used Telldus center to activate learn mode.
Hjtrakfö

Post by Hjtrakfö »

Regarding my problems with teaching, getting a replacement unit from Kjell solved the problem.