Neither Telldus Center nor API showing Statechanges

Moderator: Telldus

AgentBignose

Neither Telldus Center nor API showing Statechanges

Post by AgentBignose »

Hello,

I use a Tellstick Duo with a few Elro Switches and Remotes.

Im am currently devloping a Windows Phone App to switch my Devices via Tiles.

But the API is giving me only different last received commands if I change State via the Tellstick, not if I Send a command with a remote.

Telldus Center isnt showing changes either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Stefan from Germany
krambriw

Re: Neither Telldus Center nor API showing Statechanges

Post by krambriw »

I assume you are discussing self learning devices? Because the older code switches works right away as soon as you have defined them in Telldus Center....

Telldus Center is by default not aware of the relation between your self learning remote and your Elro self learning switches.
You therefore have to learn Telldus Center about your remote buttons. For each button pair (on/off) think that this is representing one (or more) switches. So you have to define each button pair in Telldus Center.

Once you have done this, you can program your switches the normal way using the button pairs. Now when you use the remote, you should see status changes in Telldus Center as well as from the api. And your switches should operate on/off.

Best regards, Walter
AgentBignose

Post by AgentBignose »

Thank you for your replay!

No, self-learning is not working with my remote. I set up the switch devices by the codes from the DIP Panel of the devices.

But the status doesnt work.

What can be the reason?
krambriw

Post by krambriw »

What can be the reason?
I can only guess, maybe the elro remote codes are not supported and therefore not detected in the Duo firmware. I assume you have upgraded to the latest? I have only Nexa types and they are working the expected way.
AgentBignose

Post by AgentBignose »

Gut they are listed under suported devices: http://www.telldus.se/products/compability

Yes I've got the newest firmware and TelldusCenter is 2.1.2. Beta1