Automagically @ Raspberry Pi release

http://automagucally.weebly.com

Moderators: davka003, Telldus

razordave

Re: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi release

Post by razordave »

Hi Again, sorry for the confusion, ive got all my plugs and swtiches working great, and it was just the telldus live bit i wanted to activate... i presumed id needed telldus center for it to work... ive re-flashed my sd card and started from scratch, ive run the update and receved the splash messages saying the system is now updated, but when i change the value to 'True' under settings it fails to give me the activetion URL ive re ran this process over and over yet i cannot get the URL....any advise?
davka003

Post by davka003 »

Telldus center is not required for running with Telldus live.
However I haven't tried the activation process lately so it might be broken.
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
razordave

Post by razordave »

Hi, thanks for getting back to me ... Is there any way to fix the link between tgis and telldus live ? Once I've got it connected I'm up and running ... Ill then take a full back up so I have a base image to revert back to if anything goes wrong... Once again top quality work your doing, I only wish I was as clever as you, I wouldn't need to rely so heavily on you ... Thanks ....
razordave

Post by razordave »

Hi, panic over !! For some reason when i try changing false to true when the url should appear, if i try it whilst connect to the router via usb wifi dongle i have no luck , once id removed the dongle and conected via ethernet it worked first time ...... thanks for your help ..keep up the good work !
tobiasadelgren

Re: Automagically release: how to use data fetcher

Post by tobiasadelgren »

I cannot figure out how to use data fetchers. I have succesfully configured a fetcher to parse some data from a file. Now I want to put that data from the fetcher into a global variable and use the global varible to control a treshhold.
i dont have a clue were to start!

For information, this is the application.
I have installed support for a USB thermometer (Temper1)
The support means that a command can output temperature data.
I create a shellscript that runs the command and echos the data into a file
I then create a data fetcher in automagically that parse the data from the file
I then want to use that temperature data as a thermostat controlling a device that switches a heat source on and off
davka003

Post by davka003 »

If you have successfully created a datafetcher then you should go to /signals/index of your system, turn on signal debug.
Refresh untill you see the signal from the datafetcher. Press the signal and select to save as global variable and replace the actual parsed temperatur with %f in the signal.
Look thru the rest of the settings, hopefully the "wizard" has some explanations that is enough for you to get it to work.

Otherwise please let me know.
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Hi David,

<EDIT>
The below issue was a bug that has been resolved. Run your update.sh if you experience the same problem as described below.
</EDIT>

Great piece of software you've put together. I'm still playing and learning and stumbled across something that either is simply me not understanding, maybe as per design but hopefully a bug :)

I have posted the same question on your blog, sorry for pursuing over multiple foras.

My Setup (for test)
  • 1 Nexa remote
  • 1 Nexa switch
  • Image: automagically_2013_11_29 and updated 11/1-14 (executed update.sh via putty)
  • Created a Raw Device based on what the remote transmits
  • Created a "Remote" with with an On off device connected to the above device
  • Connected to Telldus Live
When I use the "Remote" from a browser to turn on/off the switch, the status on both the "Remote" and on Telldus Live gets updated. The same when I use Telldus Live; status on the "Remote" is updated properly.

But, when I use the Nexa Remote the status of the switch is not updated on Telldus Live or on the "Remote".

The following is what is shown when using Live or the "Remote":

Code: Select all

2014-01-11 19:17:01.701717 web tellstick,do:46,OFF,0,1
2014-01-11 19:17:02.550165 tellstick tellstick,device:devLekrumFonster,id:46,method:OFF,data:0
2014-01-11 19:17:02.694549 system currentvalue_changed,DV110:OFF:0
The following is what is shown when using the Nexa Remote:

2014-01-11 19:16:27.416320 tellstick tellstick,raw:class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:5746550;unit:1;group:0;method:turnoff; Tellstick device
2014-01-11 19:16:27.426702 tellstick tellstick,device:devLekrumFonster,id:46,method:OFF,data: 
What I notice is that the DV110 seems not to be updated when using the remote. Is this as per design or possibly a bug? Or, am I simply using the system the wrong way.

I would prefer to have the Nexa Remote and Switch on the same "code" so that it works also if the Raspberry with Automagically is not enabled, otherwise I guess I could have used a Transform signal to fix this.

edit
I actually tried with a Transform, but it seems that the signalhandler does not pick up the signal. The transform looked like this:

Pattern to match: tellstick,device:%s,id:%d,method:%s,data:0
Send the following signal: WHATEVER,do:$2,$3,0,1
When executed from Live or "Remote", the Handler kicks in - but when coming from Tellstick; nada.

2014-01-11 20:35:34.072561	web	tellstick,do:46,OFF,0,1 	
2014-01-11 20:35:34.927798	tellstick	tellstick,device:devLekrumFonster,id:46,method:OFF,data:0 	
2014-01-11 20:35:35.041557	tellstick	WHATEVER,do:46,OFF,0,1 	
2014-01-11 20:35:35.130915	system	currentvalue_changed,DV110:OFF:0 

2014-01-11 20:35:03.098772	tellstick	tellstick,raw:class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:5746550;unit:1;group:0;method:turnon; 	Tellstick device
2014-01-11 20:35:03.114018	tellstick	tellstick,device:devLekrumFonster,id:46,method:ON,data: 

Thanks in advance,

BR/Marcus
ps. Sorry if this has already been covered, I have googled but not found :?
Last edited by KHolm on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy927

Post by jimmy927 »

Automagically verkar superkul.
Skulle Telldus kanske kunna tänka sig skapa ett forumför detta under "THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS", David's blogg är inte ett helt optimalt diskussionsforum:

http://automagically.weebly.com/1/post/ ... l#comments
davka003

Post by davka003 »

:-) har inte vågat fråga själv...
tobiassod

Post by tobiassod »

En mycket bra ide!
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Jag röstar FÖR detta förslag. Som det är nu är det svårt att hitta informationen om Automagically på detta forum; det är lite utspritt.
Videonisse

Automagically @ Raspberry Pi release

Post by Videonisse »

KHolm wrote:Jag röstar FÖR detta förslag. Som det är nu är det svårt att hitta informationen om Automagically på detta forum; det är lite utspritt.
+1
louie

Post by louie »

Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to catch the signal from a nexa-remote and act on that?
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

louie wrote:Maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to catch the signal from a nexa-remote and act on that?
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
But yes, that is absolutely possible. Whenever Automagically finds an event from Tellstick (such as remote or sensor) there will be a signal. This signal cat be caught by the signalhandler.
For instance, I am catching "double-click off" from a Nexa Remote (WT-2) and turns off all lights in the house. With this and the extendability it's only your imagination that sets the limit.
/Marcus
louie

Post by louie »

KHolm wrote:There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
But yes, that is absolutely possible. Whenever Automagically finds an event from Tellstick (such as remote or sensor) there will be a signal. This signal cat be caught by the signalhandler.
For instance, I am catching "double-click off" from a Nexa Remote (WT-2) and turns off all lights in the house. With this and the extendability it's only your imagination that sets the limit.
/Marcus
Is there any documentation on how, or any examples, somewhere?