Motion Sensor - How to add to Live?

Moderator: Telldus

mechanimal82

Motion Sensor - How to add to Live?

Post by mechanimal82 »

Hi all, hoping for a little help as I'm still new to Tellstick.

I have the Nexa MDT-507 Outdoor motion sensor and am running a Tellstick NET on the just released beta firmware. Can anyone help me add this? I assume as it's not being detected in the sensor section this needs to be added as a device, but how can I record triggered events?

What I'm looking for is a way for a detection to send an alert to my phone (probably via the Android RemoteStick application coupled with Tasker to make the alert appear in my notification bar).

Anyone got any ideas of a) how to add the motion sensor to Live, and b) how to trigger some form of alert?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
etompau

Re: Motion Sensor - How to add to Live?

Post by etompau »

Event triggered actions in Live is not (yet) implemented What is possible right now, is live status update in Live of motion sensors/transmitter.
Add a new self learning device, then start the scan function and trigger the motion sensor. You should then see the units house code showing up on the screen, save the unit.

You can now control a receiver from Live and from the motion sensor, and have a live update of the receiver status.

More info about new functions etc can be found here: http://developer.telldus.com/blog
M203

Post by M203 »

Remotestick developer is looking in to push. Please see the last posts here
http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1686
Remotestick (Android)
Fennek

Post by Fennek »

I've tested the feature with a KlikAanKlickUit magnet selflearning switch. The PRoblem with the divice is, that the housecode "on" is not the same as the housecode "off". The "on code" i.e. is 16876710 and the housecode "off" is 9443402. So, I have two new devices.
etompau

Post by etompau »

Fennek wrote:I've tested the feature with a KlikAanKlickUit magnet selflearning switch. The PRoblem with the divice is, that the housecode "on" is not the same as the housecode "off". The "on code" i.e. is 16876710 and the housecode "off" is 9443402. So, I have two new devices.
Perhaps you should try the latest beta FW for the Net?

Fix bug where some motion detectors/magnetic switches gets different house/unit code for on and off - If you can't scan one of those devices, please test this firmware

http://developer.telldus.com/blog
Fennek

Post by Fennek »

Great.

I see the magnetic switch in Live. But what can I do with the magnetic switch. Can I control via Live lamps and other devices?
etompau

Post by etompau »

Event triggering from Live is not yet implemented. The magnetic switch has to be used in the "normal way", the receiver status will then be automatically updated in Live.
balezwilles

Post by balezwilles »

mechanimal82 wrote:Hi all, hoping for a little help as I'm still new to Tellstick.

I have the Nexa MDT-507 Outdoor motion sensor and am running a Tellstick NET on the just released beta firmware. Can anyone help me add this? I assume as it's not being detected in the sensor section this needs to be added as a device, but how can I record triggered events?

What I'm looking for is a way for a detection to send an alert to my phone (probably via the Android RemoteStick application coupled with Tasker to make the alert appear in my notification bar).

Anyone got any ideas of a) how to add the motion sensor to Live, and b) how to trigger some form of alert?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hey you can do one thing just try to add a new self learning device, then start the scan function and trigger the motion sensor once you done with it, you'll see the code up on the screen, save that unit. This would definitely help you :) Just try it!!