AutoMower -Charging or Cutting?

http://automagucally.weebly.com

Moderators: davka003, Telldus

misterleffe

AutoMower -Charging or Cutting?

Post by misterleffe »

This is what I want, that Automagiacally should do for me:

1. Tell me if AutoMower is charging.
2. Tell me if AutoMower is working (cutting grass)
3. Send an alarm if, of some reason, AutoMower has stopped.

No. 1 & 2 I think I can handle. Just a transmitter which send different codes for ON/OFF. Magnetic, Dusk or similar sensors.

No. 3 is the one I think is the most difficult and maybe I can get some help from a sharp brain here in the Forum?

Maybe I could use some time limits for knowing in which state AutoMower are? I know, between fingers, the time elapsed for charging - cutting and back for charging. First I thought about to use "Find repeats" but there will be problems when AutoMower goes to bed for sleeping during night. Or, can some parameter be set, to exclude the time during night = No alarm should be sent?

Other suggestions? Different soulution?

/misterleffe
misterleffe

Re: AutoMower -Charging or Cutting?

Post by misterleffe »

Now I can see if AutoMower is charging or cutting in my remote. This was quite simple to configure. I use a micro switch located on the charging panel and this light up a LED mounted in front of the dusk sensor LBST-604. All this is mounted in a closed waterproof box.
LED on = Charging (status ON for the dusk sensor)
LED off = Cutting (status OFF for the dusk sensor)

Instead for making the alarm, it would be nice to have a time stamp for every change of the status for the dusk sensor. Automagically is setting a time stamp when the variable is changing in state.

Is it possible to get Automagically's time stamp to be visible in the remote?

/misterleffe
misterleffe

Post by misterleffe »

This is amazing ... >100 looks and no one have any idea ...
Has Automagically past "the best before"? Not for me, I think it's a great software, but my skills in Linux is to poor. Otherwise I had made this long time before!
But, if you have any idea, please let us know. I think that, I'm not the only which have this question? Maybe I'm wrong?

/misterleffe
misterleffe

Post by misterleffe »

Isn't there anybody "out there" having a clue? I just want to log the timestamp for "OUT" and "IN" position.

Thanks in advance!

/misterleffe
akselg

Post by akselg »

Have you been able to get any sort of logging? I sent a mail to the creator of Automagically but haven't received any answer yet.

I used HomeAutomation before, which had a lovely log and over all appearance, but not as comprehensive as Automagically. Maybe ill head back to HA and use scripts for the not built in features.
misterleffe

Post by misterleffe »

Ok and thanks for reply!

No I haven't been able to make any historical logging. At the moment, in Automagically, I can see when AM has "walked out"=Cutting and when AM is "at home" ="Charging". I have an account at Xively and there I can see a graphic curve for AM Cutting/Charging.

Physically I have put a switch at the charging station, which handle a dusk sensor, over the switch. The dusk sensor gives different ID's for ON/OFF. I have the dusk sensor in a box and with a LED I can simulate sun or dark for the dusk sensor. Led ON=Cutting and LED OFF=Charging. Power for the LED is taken from the charging station.

When AM starts to cut, The LED will light up and a variable will be set to 1. This variable is trigging a timer and if the time set in the timer has "ran out", there will be sent an alarm to a Jula Anslut switch. But if the AM is at home before the timer has "ran out", the variable will be set to 0(zero) and the timer stops and the LED in the box will make night for the dusk sensor=LED OFF.

But it would be nice to have timestamps for every event AM makes. This should also be stored. If i have this data stored, it's easy to see cutting and charging times over time. Any suggestions how to implement this feature in Automagically?

/misterleffe
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

I think the plugin in the link below will do the trick for you. Have not tested it but it looks good. Can run any command when you send it a signal.

https://bitbucket.org/davka003/automagi ... t-12606216

The command you want to execute is /bin/date

Not sure how it feeds back the result though. But that can be added I guess.

Have fun,
Marcus