http://automagucally.weebly.com

Moderators: davka003, Telldus

kalnak

Novis önskar hjälp efter installation.

Post by kalnak »

Som rubrik lyder.

Hur gör jag nu?

Installation gick kanon.

Har en Tellstick Duo och 6st Nexa strömbrytare köpt på Clas Ohlson.

Tidigare använde jag SwitchKing utan några problem men ville använda min Raspberry Pi till att styra belysningen här hemma.

En steg för steg guide hade inte varit helt fel. Har laborerat fram och tillbaka utan framgång.
davka003

Re: Novis önskar hjälp efter installation.

Post by davka003 »

Hur långt har du kommit i installationen?
Kört in imagen på ett SDkort antar jag.
Har du botat din Raspberry och hittat till websidan för administration som nu kör på den?
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

Är inne på webbsidan för administration.

Problemet är snarare hur jag går vidare? Hur programmerar jag in mina nexa brytare tex?

Är min tellstick enhet konfigurerad från start eller man måste ändra något?
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Hi,

Start with making sure your system is updated and clean after the install, I wrote a short instruction on how I did it here:
http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 793#p24793

Then I guess you want to start controlling a device. I assume you have something like a three pack of self-learning switches coming from Nexa or Proove.
The simplest way forward is to simply trace what happens when you use the remote and created devices for that.

Step 1 - Outside Automagically
Make sure that you can control the switches with the remote that came with it.

Step 2 - Create the device in Automagically
2.1 Go to the administration web page of Automagically (/admin/)
2.2 Enter See signals and create handler or device from them
2.3 Click Toggle signal debug to ensure signal tracing is On
2.4 Turn on the switch by pressing the remotes button
2.5 Click Refresh to see the events in the system,
At this point you should see something like this:

Code: Select all

tellstick,raw:class:command;protocol:arctech;model:selflearning;house:49887226;unit:14;group:0;method:turnon;
2.6 Click Toggle signal debug to ensure signal tracing is Off (you don't want to leave this permanently on, I promise)
2.7 Click on Tellstick device for that row and you enter a configuration page.
2.8 Name the device (Name and Name in tellstick config) and press "Save"
2.9 Check the parameters and press "Save"

That's it; that is how you do it. Now you can go to the start page (http://192.168.0.xxx/), press refresh and your device should appear.
Click on "Black" to turn it off and "Yellow" to turn it on.

Now it's up to you what you want to do. Create a nice looking remote (/admin/remote/), automate the system by adding Scheduled events (/admin/core/) or something else.

If the above worked well, let us know and then come back and tell us what you want to do after you have experimented with it.

And, don't forget to share your experiences - others will have the same problems as you.

/Marcus
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

Hey again!

Sorry for afk from forum but real life came between.

Okay so I've reinstalled it from scratch and followed your short instruction.

What happens now is that I'm stuck on Step 2, 2.5

When I hit refresh nothing shows up.

The remote works and it does turn on my nexa switch. Even the Tellstick Duo flashes when I use the remote.

Any hints what I'm doing wrong?

Btw, dont I need to add the Tellstick Duo to the system or something?

Edit: Okay, so I reinstalled everything from scratch using win32diskimager. Went straight to the webinterface and went to "See signals and create handler or device from them". Made sure that Signal debug is turned on and used the remote. The tellstick flashes but when I hit the Refresh button still no sign what's so ever of any signal.
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

Problem solved.

What I did was to install the latest "automagically_2014_02_22" instead of "automagically_20131129".

After that I followed your great guide on http://automagically.wikia.com/wiki/Automagically_Wiki and it works as a charm.

Later on I will try and see if I can manage to get both my remotes configured and scheduled events according to sunrise and sunset!
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Good you figured it out. If you (or someone else) experience problems like this, I think the best you can do is to see if the Tellstick is working together with the pi.

Simply login to the pi using ssh and issue the following command to see a list of devices:

$ tdtool -l
This should give a printout of the status of the installed devices and any sensors detected. If the output is blank, then you should look at your /etc/tellstick.conf

$ cat /etc/tellstick.conf
Normally Automagically with fix that file for you, but in case you have issues - you might need to modify it. The following place has very good information about the file and it's content:
http://developer.telldus.com/wiki/TellStick_conf
Here's how to edit and make changes effective:

sudo service telldusd stop
sudo nano /etc/tellstick.conf
sudo service telldusd start
If you at any time need help with this, a signal trace from automagically, the output from tdtool -l and your /etc/tellstick.conf will surely help.

When you say "both my remotes", I wonder if you mean physical remotes or the type that Automagically offers for your phone/pc/pad. If the physical kind where two remotes controls one devices; you need to set up your two "Raw tellstick devices" and tell tellstick that they are "the same". Find the "Advanced options" in "Raw tellstick devices" and "connect" them.
Here's how it looks for me:
two_remotes_one_device.JPG
two_remotes_one_device.JPG (59.57 KiB) Viewed 23900 times
/Marcus
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

I meant physical remote ofc :)

Got a new problem.

When trying to add a schedule I choose RelativeTo: "Relative sunset" i get this error:

"pyephem not installed (correctly), that is required for relative to sunrise/sunset"
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Strange, that sounds like something that's an error with the image you use (and I made according to previous posts).

Did you set your longitude, latitude and timezone properly in Automagically?
I guess so cause if you used my reference image it should have long/lat at the castle in Stockholm if I remember it correctly

When creating the image, I should have performed, if I followed the instructions from jorkar correctly.
https://bitbucket.org/jorkar/automagically_install

$ sudo pip install pyephem
I will have to give it a test tonight, meanwhile try to login and give it a shot. Issue the following commands and try again:

$ sudo service automagically stop
$ sudo service automagically start
Then it might be so that pyephem requires some configuration that I missed building the image. Just looked at the teir homepage, but find none :/
If you read this David, anything special needed for pyephem?

/Marcus
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

KHolm wrote:Strange, that sounds like something that's an error with the image you use (and I made according to previous posts).
Yes, I had made a mistake. A new image has been made available, but you can also fix this by logging in to the pi and do the following:

$ sudo service automagically stop
$ sudo service apache2 stop
$ sudo apt-get install python-dev
$ sudo service apache2 start
$ sudo service automagically start
Note that both install steps takes a few minutes.

And, while anyway fixing the above. Why not update

$ cd ~/source/automagically
$ sudo ./update.sh
$ sudo shutdown -r now
Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Marcus
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

I have a wireless doorbell from Nexa called LML-710 bought on Clas Ohlson.

Is it possible to configure the system so that I get an email everytime someone rings on the door?
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Hi,

Have not tested, but if email sender is configured and you can 'see' the event in the signal trace, then it's all hunkeydorey. A transform resulting in a signal as below format should do the trick:
email:toaddress:subject:message text

Marcus
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

This is what shows up when I hit the doorbell and trace the signal. Not quite sure which one to choose.

Where can I find to put "email:toaddress:subject:message text" that?

Is it under /admin/core or under /admin/remote ?
doorbell.png
doorbell.png (95.09 KiB) Viewed 23776 times
KHolm

Post by KHolm »

Looks like normal behaviour of Nexa/Proove remotes that seems to build-in multiple protocols.

I would first use a Find repeats in signal admin and feed that to a Transform in order to only get one mail. Of you transform directly you will get 2-3 mails each time someone rings your bell.

I would have selected the archtec signal.

/Marcus
kalnak

Post by kalnak »

Hey again!

So i've been trying to do as you said but not quite sure how to proceed.

I've added the doorbell as a "raw tellstick device" which was the easy part but what about next step?

Is this correct?
doorbell1.png
doorbell1.png (16.44 KiB) Viewed 23513 times
And what next?
doorbell2.png
doorbell2.png (15.93 KiB) Viewed 23513 times