Autostart Nexahome on Raspberry Pi

Moderators: hekj, Telldus

hakarv

Autostart Nexahome on Raspberry Pi

Post by hakarv »

I have read everything possible about how to autostart Nexahome on a Raspberry Pi but no success in getting this to work. I have no display conected to my RPi and I do notstart the graphcal UI on RPi, but I do autostart TightVNC on the unit. I have also included a startup command for NexaHome_RPi_3.3.0.jar but it does not work. When I connect a display to my RPi I see on the console that I get an error message stating that Nexahome does not find a terminal to send its output to.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Håkan
larslengberg

Re: Autostart Nexahome on Raspberry Pi

Post by larslengberg »

As NexaHome is a "graphical UI" - I guess you would need to start some GUI on the RPi after all..?

Then, instead of using TightVNC I use "x11vnc" that connects directly to the active X session. When using TightVNC I ended up having TWO NH instances running.. One for the "local display" and another one for the "TightVNC display". (But perhaps a Linux guru can figure out some other, better way...)

Then you just use the X environment autostart method for NH. You put some small file in an "autostart" folder.. Don't remember exactly, and don't have the RPi here..

Regards,

Lars L.
urban

Post by urban »

Hi,

Had the same problem some time ago and I think the solution was to remove a GUI-boot in raspi-config (sudo raspi-config) to only allow for tightvnc

Rgds
/urban
compac

Post by compac »

Hade möjligheten funnits tillgängligt hade det säkert funnits en drös med beskrivningar om hur det ska göras etc.

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest OG0-092 - actual tests and best quality testking and 1z0-146 - braindumps - study pass guarantee Southern California Institute of Architecture and Florida Southern College.
Last edited by compac on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.