Witch software should I use?

Moderator: Telldus

look2

Post by look2 »

I have given up my plans to use z-wave to control some of the last lamps in my apartment and thinking about using a telldus stick instead.

I want to run the server on a Linux machine. Perhaps a rasberry pie.
I want to get data from my 1-wire temp sensors.
I want to have a picture of my apartment where I can place the lamps and the temp sensors.
I want to control more than 5 lamps.
I want to be able to schedule and make scenes.
I want to be able to use tasker on my android so I can enter like a "home mode" when the phone connects to my home WiFi. And turn all lamps off when I leave.

Is there any software that can do what I want?
Videonisse

Post by Videonisse »

Yes, with SwitchKing.
F.L.

Re: Witch software should I use?

Post by F.L. »

@look2: what did you end up using?

I am about to move from tellstick + simple homepage with lightcontrol to a tellstick duo.
For the duo I want some more advanced functionality.

I have pretty much the same requirements as OP but no need for graphic map.
However I would like to have some IFTTT-functionality.
For example when a sensor triggers -> start to play squeezebox/sound a alarm etc.

An app for android would be nice as well.

I've been looking into Switchking + Eventghost but Eventghost is only for windows right?
I would prefer rPI if possible.

openHAB seems very nice but quite complex and I've read that it is quite heavy to run. Anyone tried it?

home-assistant.io looks really nice too but I don´t know if there is a community around it? I´ve seen a mailing-list.

Both of them are missing sections here though :(

NexaHome seems reliable but looks a little bit old and I don't know how easy it is for it to interact with external units such as Squeezebox.

What are you guys, with the same requirements, using and why?

Any input or suggestion is appreciated
subzero

Re: Witch software should I use?

Post by subzero »

A while ago i started working on that app: http://otonchev.github.io/smarthomeproject_kanin
I am planning on implementing all these features(some of them are already supported though) in the very near future :)
Web interface is kind of limited, but that will change too: http://ogy.noip.me:3456/scripts/web_api.py

And if anyone is willing to help with coding that will be appreciated ;)