Telldus Live!

Moderator: Telldus

micke.prag
Site Admin

Telldus Live!

Post by micke.prag »

Due to popular demand we are developing a new function for TellStick users called Telldus Live!. The idea is that this new function will give TellStick users a simple way of gaining control of their gear using the internet. This has been previously available via some of our third-party applications and as well by using a Dovado router.

The feedback we have been getting is that the set-up is a bit too advanced for regular users.

Our new function Telldus Live! will give the user internet control without having to keep track of IP-adresses, port-forwarding, etc. In other words it will be "Plug n' Play".

For those of you that develop your own third-party applications we want to as well give you access to the Telldus Live! API. That way we can together offer a simple way for TellStick users to gain internet control through your specific third-party application. For documentation and examples for Telldus Live! see our API site:
http://api.telldus.com

To activate Telldus Live!, click on the TelldusCenter icon by the clock and select "Activate Telldus Live!".

Edit:
Telldus Live! is no longer a beta. Please download our stable software to use Telldus Live!
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
Attila

Re: Telldus Live!

Post by Attila »

That works very well ! That's great to control any light in my house from my laptop when I'm away !
Well done !!

I also tried "telldus Live" via my iPhone (4G) : it seems to have a specific interface which is clear and simple.
But unfortunately, the devices list is empty :is that a bug ?
marbo

Post by marbo »

It's great. I use it now with my iPhone 4. I found iPhone App on Appstore but it's seems not work yet. I make "bookmark" on iPhone screen and it's work almost like normal App on iPhone.
Attila

Post by Attila »

marbo wrote:It's great. I use it now with my iPhone 4. I found iPhone App on Appstore but it's seems not work yet. I make "bookmark" on iPhone screen and it's work almost like normal App on iPhone.
Hi Marbo, I also installed the iPhone App on my iPhone 4, could you please explain the next step : how do you make this "bookmark" ? thanks in advance !
marbo

Post by marbo »

You don't need that iPhone App yet because it's not work yet.

But look this guide: http://browsers.about.com/od/howtousemo ... eicons.htm

First go with your iPhone and Safari to page http://live.telldus.com then login and then do that what it on that guide.

Sorry my bad english.
Attila

Post by Attila »

Thanks for this guide Marbo !
That's verry kind of you.

I did what was explained, and that is fine, but my devices list is definitely empty...
marbo

Post by marbo »

Do you try that Telldus Live with your computer? And it's work right there?
Attila

Post by Attila »

Yes it does : no problem from my computer, and no problem from my Mac.
but on my iPhone : after entering my login and password, connexion is OK, and then grey screen with only one word "devices", but nothing below !
thoberre

Post by thoberre »

I had to copy out the com.telldus.Core.plist on my mac, zap Telldus Center entirely and reinstall. Then replace com.telldus.Core.plist and start Telldus Center again for my devices to come up in Telldus Live. No idea why though....

Are you planning to add support for dimmable devices on the iPhone interface?

Thom
Attila

Post by Attila »

Great news : an update of the Telldus App on the App Store is available, and now that works extremely well !
Well done Telldus ! You just have to lauch the app on your iPhone, and your devices list appears automatically (if your computer with telldus live is on in your home). Wether your have a wi-fi, a 3G or a lower connection, that works perfectly in any case.
That's an impressive app.
Thank you telldus, that's exactly what I was expecting.
:clap: