Tellstick not found on RaspBMC (Raspberry Pi)

Moderator: Telldus

ztamas

Tellstick not found on RaspBMC (Raspberry Pi)

Post by ztamas »

Hi,

I've read a lot of topics before buying the TellStick Duo and now I'm trying to get it working on my Raspberry Pi that has the latest RaspBMC load.

Code: Select all

Linux raspbmc 3.12.31 #2 PREEMPT Wed Oct 29 09:24:56 UTC 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
I followed the instructions of the following page, however I get "Tellstick Not Found" despite all my efforts.
http://tummelplatsen.se/wiki/Raspberry_ ... _Tellstick

When connecting the Tellstick Duo I get the following output:

Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 15 using dwc_otg
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=1781, idProduct=0c31
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: Product: TellStick Duo
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Telldus
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: A501WERX
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usbserial_generic 1-1.2:1.0: The "generic" usb-serial driver is only for testing and one-off prototypes.
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usbserial_generic 1-1.2:1.0: Tell linux-usb@vger.kernel.org to add your device to a proper driver.
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usbserial_generic 1-1.2:1.0: generic converter detected
Nov  9 09:05:06 raspbmc kernel: usb 1-1.2: generic converter now attached to ttyUSB0
Or with ftdi_sio loaded and device parameters added:

usbserial: USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver ftdi_sio
usbserial: USB Serial support registered for FTDI USB Serial Device
ftdi_sio 1-1.2:1.0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected
usb 1-1.2: Detected FT232RL
usb 1-1.2: Number of endpoints 2
usb 1-1.2: Endpoint 1 MaxPacketSize 64
usb 1-1.2: Endpoint 2 MaxPacketSize 64
usb 1-1.2: Setting MaxPacketSize 64
usb 1-1.2: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
I found and fixed the following:
- Updated firmware from 5 to 12
- ftdi_sio module does not take vendor and product parameters any more, instead need to use the new_id file:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/e17c1aa2e1
- 05-tellstick.rules in udev rules were not compatible with the new kernel, I fixed it:

pi@raspbmc:~/telldus-core-2.1.2/service$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/05-tellstick.rules
ATTRS{idVendor}=="1781", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ACTION=="add", MODE="666", GROUP="plugdev", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}="$attr{idVendor}", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}="0c31", ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}="$attr{serial}", RUN+="/usr/local/share/telldus-core/helpers/udev.sh"
ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="1781", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ACTION=="remove", ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}="$attr{idVendor}", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}="$attr{idProduct}", ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}="$attr{serial}", RUN+="/usr/local/share/telldus-core/helpers/udev.sh"
- I created some debug text in the udev.sh to see if it's really trying to add the device, it does:

pi@raspbmc:~/telldus-core-2.1.2/service$ cat /usr/local/share/telldus-core/helpers/udev.sh
#!/bin/sh
env >> /var/log/telldus.log
echo "DEBUG: ${ACTION}, ${ID_MODEL_ID}, ${ID_VENDOR_ID}, ${ID_SERIAL_SHORT}\n" >> /var/log/telldus.log
OUTPUT:

DEBUG: add, 0c31, 1781, A501WERX

DEBUG: ADD
What I tried, and did not work:
- Tried to unload ftdi_sio as some forums suggest it's not needed any more, what is the truth?
- Tried to add manually via tdadmin
- messed around with udev rules

In the syslog, or running telldusd in nodaemon mode, I don't see any track of the device being added. Could there be some problem with the building the package? It seems that the device is connected but not populated to the Telldus service.

I have tried the same on an Excito B3, but same problem, Tellstick not found.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Tamas