Performance and speed on Duo

Moderator: Telldus

Midas

Performance and speed on Duo

Post by Midas »

I am completely new (like two days old) to Telldus and RF control. I have purchased a TellStick Duo to control the lights in my home theater. I have installed the duo on my Ubuntu server and have successfully been able to write my own python control script using td.py. It took me some effort to read the commands from the remote controls and wall switches since TelldusCenter has no notion of them, but figuring out the raw event callback it now works.

I have some questions regarding performance and speed:

1) Can you increase the speed of sending events? Say I want to turn off all lights, which means setting 4 dimmers to off. If I call tdTurnOff() 4 times for each of these ID's it takes some time to execute them and you can clearly see that the lights are being turned off sequentially. Is this because tdTurnOff() is synchronous?

How to avoid this? Program the dimmers to accept mutiple houseIDs and make a global group house id to dim all collectively?

2) It can take up to a second until a keypress is made until I get the raw event. Can I improve this response time somehow?