TS Duo - Registering remotes and sensors?

Moderator: Telldus

faultbucket

TS Duo - Registering remotes and sensors?

Post by faultbucket »

I've been using a first gen Tellstick for years, no problems. I bought a Duo yesterday and am now trying to figure out how to use the receiver-feature. So far it's been quite demotivating and ungrateful work... :)

I'm using the "new" /usr/local/share/telldus/scripts/ method for executing code triggered by different events. Right now I get a large number of events from rawdeviceevent, and would like to "register" my sensors and remotes so that they launch scripts in the deviceevent directory instead. Seems like a simple thing to do but I just can't figure out how to "register" a remote or sensor so that it's events launch the scripts in the deviceevent directory instead of rawdeviceevent.

I'm using a TellStick Duo batch 13062 and a NEXA PBT-707 remote. Server is running Ubuntu with tdtool working, telldusd running and I can verify that it's receiving data from the remotes and sensors.

Could somebody please give me a push in the right direction?
faultbucket

Re: TS Duo - Registering remotes and sensors?

Post by faultbucket »

After hours of researching I found out that I was overthinking things by a few miles...

If anybody else stumbles upon the same issue:
Ofcourse a remote is just a device, it just sends a house code and a unit code. To register a remote, just grab the manufacturer and house/unit code using for example tdool.py and then register the remote as a device in /etc/tellstick.conf - voila, it shows up as a registered device and runs any scripts in /usr/local/share/telldus/scripts/deviceevent
Redg

Re: TS Duo - Registering remotes and sensors?

Post by Redg »

Hi faultbucket!

You sound like you know how to use the script function.

That the devices was registered in tellstck.conf was for me the easy part...

To make a script that lets say light a lamp if a door sensor is trigger is the hard part!
The example script at http://developer.telldus.se/blog/2012/1 ... om-signals
isn't of much use to me either.
Here is an other example of a scrip. http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4735
I get the .log bit and that it catches what would be my door sensor signal, but how do I make it trigger the lamp?

Could you maybe share one of your scripts for me to use as a guide?