Control a remote Tellstick from VeraLite

Moderator: Telldus

stenl

Control a remote Tellstick from VeraLite

Post by stenl »

Hi All,

In case someone might have some use for it, I'm publishing a service I use for controlling Tellstick from the MiCasaVerde VeraLite Z-Wave controller.

The program is a daemon listening for TCP connections and manipulating the Tellstick devices according to commands sent over the connection. libtelldus-core is used for controlling the devices so it will nicely coexist with any other scheduler if needed. It still requires that there is a separate machine with the Tellstick connected, so it will not support connecting the Tellstick directly to the Vera.

The daemon is implemented as a C-program and has only been tested on Linux (Debian) but there is no obvious reason it would not work also on Windows.

One of the main reasons for doing it this way and not the ssh-ish methods that have been discussed is to be able to feed Tellstick events into the Vera script engine, and it also felt cleaner. Unfortunately I need to understand more about the Vera to be able to complete it, so the event part remains to be implemented.

/Sten
Attachments
tellproxy_rel-0_1-20131015-9a5ab.tar
(40 KiB) Downloaded 333 times