Raspberry Pi - Home Easy HE830

Moderator: Telldus

GMawston

Raspberry Pi - Home Easy HE830

Post by GMawston »

Hello Everyone

I have managed to get initially up and running using the guides for the Tell Stick to run on my Raspberry Pi. Everything was going well until I opted to plug in a device of 2000w into the Home Easy HE202W needless to say it didn't last very long and I did the same again to the second plug because I didn't realise what I had done.

A quick trip to B&Q got me some Home Easy HE830s but I can not get them to connect. I don't believe I have to change anything to the Protocol file but I have rebooted and restarted the Telldusd service just to make sure. I know I have not got 'duff' plugs as I have tested them with the remote that has come with them.

If anyone has any ideas to this I would be most grateful.
GMawston

Re: Raspberry Pi - Home Easy HE830

Post by GMawston »

I have managed to crack it.

My tellstick.conf file is set out below as per the protocol setup.

Code: Select all

user = "pi"
group = "plugdev"
ignoreControllerConfirmation = "false"
device {
  id = 1
  name = "Fan"
  protocol = "arctech"
  model = "selflearning-switch"
  parameters {
    house = "1"
    unit = "1"
  }
}
Restart the service once you have modified your conf file.

sudo service telldusd restart
Then run the following command once you have pressed the button on the socket to start the learning/joining process

tdtool -e 1
This got me up and running so now on to the next bit.........

I hope this helps.
GMawston

Post by GMawston »

I thought I would follow this one up. Another thing I learned was the small issue of trying to get the switches to learn. It appears that whilst I can get the switches to operate around the house I seemed to have problems with the 'Learn' command if the plugs were in situ e.g. where I wanted them to be.

I have made a video about pairing the plugs but in principle you need to pair them as close to the Tell stick as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrVs1Xwwuz0
sarahjoe

Post by sarahjoe »

The issue that I found was the pairing of the plugs using the tdtool --learn 1 or tdtool -e 1 is slightly sensitive to the signal quality. So when I paired my first plug it virtually next to where the transmitter was but the other plug was slightly further away (ok the opposite side of the house but we don't have a big house). To resolve this I got a 5 gang extension cable and paired each one after another making sure that I had the other plugs switched off and paired one plug at a time.
Are you worried about 350-018 exam dump prep and testking.me - 312-50v8 dumps Check out our latest resources for ccna braindump and muih questions for practice with www.csld.edu