Backing up configuration

Moderator: Telldus

quaith

Backing up configuration

Post by quaith »

I have a question on how to backup the configuration of my Tellstick Duo. I'm running Ubuntu Server 12.04 on my server which controls the lighting in my house. Some of my receivers can't be paired very easily again due to them being behind closets. In case I wanted to reinstall my server OS do I only need to backup my tellstick.conf? Won't it "forget" the pairing of my receivers with backing up just that file?

Thank you in advance.
Zapper

Re: Backing up configuration

Post by Zapper »

IThe receivers are "paired" (there is no two way handshake) to the transmitter, so there is nothing the transmitter (remote/tellstick) needs to keep except the house unit codes that was programmed in the the receivers.

So to answer to your question, yes you only need to backup tellstick.conf
faariwasi

Re: Backing up configuration

Post by faariwasi »

I thought I would follow this one up. Another thing I learned was the small issue of trying to get the switches to learn. It appears that whilst I can get the switches to operate around the house I seemed to have problems with the 'Learn' command if the plugs were in situ e.g. where I wanted them to be.
You can join us for best Braindumps.com exam & oracle training solutions. Our Curry College contains all those materials you want to VMWARE exam The Johns Hopkins University