NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Moderator: Telldus

Post Reply
hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

I've added TelldusCenter 2.1.2 and NexaHome 4.0.8 on a Raspian wheezy image, use the following image if you have a TellStick and/or RaZberry.
http://easyhomeauto.se/rpi/2016-03-18-j ... -eng-v1.7z (english)
http://easyhomeauto.se/rpi/2016-03-18-j ... -swe-v1.7z (swedish)

Use the 7z software to unpack the file.
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Put the image on a 8GB SDHC.

Default login.
Username: pi
Password: raspberry
The Linux configuration script can be started by typing the following text in a terminal window.

Code: Select all

sudo raspi-config
This distribution has the home automation web server pre-configured with house layout, temperature graph and engine pre-heater.

Oracle Java 8 JDK is installed (instead of OpenJDK).

Look at some screenshots in the swedish part of this forum.
http://www.telldus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3157

Edit: 2017-12-30 Added new version of the image (NH 4.1.1 ).
Last edited by hekj on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 15 times in total.

mukkel
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by mukkel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

hello hekj,

What you post here looks very intresting.

I'm not a domitica specialist, but I'm a network engineer (with some knowledge on linux / raspberry)

I came to your post looking for a domotica system, open source and be able to build it in an existing infrastructure. (without breaking up all walls to insert new bus-cables)

Unfortune, a lot of docs are in swedish.

Can you tell me that with a raZberry, raspberry pi, and the Nexahome software, I can make a domotic system. (ofcourse with buying z-wave sensors and relais.)
Is there some docs available?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Best regards,
Mukkel

hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

mukkel wrote: Unfortune, a lot of docs are in swedish.

Can you tell me that with a raZberry, raspberry pi, and the Nexahome software, I can make a domotic system. (ofcourse with buying z-wave sensors and relais.)
Is there some docs available?
Yes, it's difficult to use the advanced functions without documentation in english. That's why this RPi distribution has the home automation web server pre-configured with house layout, temperature graph and engine pre-heater.

If you need more information about NexaHome, perhaps it is possible to read the manual using Google translate.
http://nexahome.se/manual/index.html

After you have put the image on the SDHC and started your RPi, do the following if you have a RaZberry:

1) open NexaHome Config tab, enter the IP address and portnumber 8083 at the 'Z-Wave.Me' section

2) close NexaHome (File -> Exit)

3) install/update the RaZberry software, double click on LXTerminal icon and type the following in the terminal window:

Code: Select all

wget -q -O - http://razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash
4) restart your RPI

Code: Select all

sudo reboot
5) login again and double-click on the Midori icon (web browser) and browse to localhost:8083

6) select 'Network -> Network Management' and click on '(Re-)include device'

7) press the special button on the remote power switch for it to start talking to RaZberry


More information about the RaZberry.

http://razberry.z-wave.me/
http://razberry.z-wave.me/docs.php

Edit 2013-07-22: Support for z-wave sensors added in NH v3.2.2.
Last edited by hekj on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razordave
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by razordave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

hi, im using your Raspberry image and its runing great ....THANK YOU!!!
my only question is will there be away i can activate the Telldus center to my account .....as this connects ok but doesnt give me the option to activate so i can use my phone and telldus app......cheers

hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

razordave wrote:hi, im using your Raspberry image and its runing great ....THANK YOU!!!
my only question is will there be away i can activate the Telldus center to my account .....as this connects ok but doesnt give me the option to activate so i can use my phone and telldus app......cheers
:-)

I'm not using telldus live myself, but make sure that Midori is the default web browser.

Open a terminal window and type the following (sudo line and the digit 2):
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
There are 2 choices for the alternative x-www-browser (providing /usr/bin/x-www-browser).

Selection Path Priority Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0 /usr/bin/dillo 50 auto mode
1 /usr/bin/dillo 50 manual mode
2 /usr/bin/midori 50 manual mode

Press enter to keep the current choice[*] or type selection number : 2
If it still not working perhaps you can copy the Telldus Live configuration from a windows computer running NexaHome.

Code: Select all

http://<the NH server ip address>:<the port number>/nexahome?tellduscenter=conf
The TelldusCenter configuration should be written to the file ~/.config/Telldus/TelldusCenter.conf

hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

I have now added support for z-wave sensors, to upgrade NexaHome on your RPi - find out the version number for current release on page http://nexahome.se (eg. 3.2.2) and do the following:

1) double click on the LXTerminal icon and type the following in the terminal window:

cd ~/nexahome
wget http://nexahome.se/NexaHome_RPi_3.2.2.jar

2) click on the icon in the bottom left corner and select 'Accessories -> File Manager'

Locate the file /home/pi/nexahome/run_nexahome.sh

3) right click on run_nexahome.sh and select Open Leafpad

Update the information and save the file.

4) restart NexaHome or reboot the RPi

NexaHome version 3.2.2 has been tested with the following devices:

On/Off Socket - GreenWave 1 port power node
On/Off Socket - GreenWave 6 port power node
On/Off Socket - Everspring [EVR_AN1572]
Dimmer Socket - Everspring [EVR_AD1422]
Door/Window Sensor - Fibaro [FGK-101]
Motion detector - Everspring [EVR_SP103]
Multisensor - Aeon Labs [AEO_MULTISENS]

OnnoH
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by OnnoH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Hello Henrik,

Too bad the docs are in Swedish. Mine's very rusty ;-) But the UI is in English, so I can build from there, which I did.

I managed to get my RaspberryPi up and running with your image. Installed the latest versions of both RaZberry and NexaHome.

The Razberry webserver is working. I can Fibaro-switch a lamp on and off. And I can read values of the AeonLabs Multi Sensor.

In NexaHome I see the two Z-wave devices as well. I also managed to create a schedule.

So far so good, but now comes the sad part: NexaHome doesn't seem able to control the devices.

Off course it's all user error ;-), but you mention in step 7) to press the special button on the remote power switch. Do you mean that you have to include Z-wave devices within the RaZberry UI, before NexaHome can use them? If so, I'm allready there.

Can you elaborate a bit more on the RaZBerry integration and also show how you can put the sensor support to good use, e.g. attach a motion detector to a light source?

Thanks,

Onno

hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

OnnoH wrote:but you mention in step 7) to press the special button on the remote power switch. Do you mean that you have to include Z-wave devices within the RaZberry UI, before NexaHome can use them? If so, I'm allready there.
Yes, that is correct :-)
OnnoH wrote: So far so good, but now comes the sad part: NexaHome doesn't seem able to control the devices.
Please upgrade to NH v3.2.5
OnnoH wrote:Can you elaborate a bit more on the RaZBerry integration and also show how you can put the sensor support to good use, e.g. attach a motion detector to a light source?
To see sensor values in the console window select menu option 'View --> Raw Sensor Data (Console)'

eg.
2013-07-25 15:51:57 RawEvent: class:sensor;id:5;model:zwave;temperature:24.5;
2013-07-25 15:51:57 RawEvent: class:sensor;id:5;model:zwave;luminescence:1000;
2013-07-25 15:51:57 RawEvent: class:sensor;id:5;model:zwave;humidity:56;
Update the 'Parameters' field for the 'Temp In' row (Id 51)
1) select which sensor to be used by entering the id and/or model parameters
2) select the parameter to be copied by adding ;value:<parameter>

eg.

Code: Select all

id:5;model:zwave;value:temperature
Do the following to attach a motion detector to a light source:

1) find the 'Id' column for the detector you want to use

eg. 205

2) find the 'Id' column for the light source you want to turn on/off

eg. 210

3) create a bsh file <Id>.bsh to be executed when detector is triggered

/home/pi/nexahome/205.bsh

Code: Select all

detector_device = "205";
light_device = "210";
light_device_off = "t210off";
seconds = 90;  // seconds to keep light on after detector has switched off
if (timerIsRunning(light_device_off)) {
   stopTimer(light_device_off);
}
if (deviceIsOn(detector_device)) {
   echo("Detector ON");
   deviceOn(light_device);
} else {
   if (deviceIsOn(light_device)) {
      echo("Detector OFF");
      startTimer(light_device_off, seconds);
   }
}
4) create a bsh file that turns off the light source

/home/pi/nexahome/t210off.bsh

Code: Select all

detector_device = "205";
light_device = "210";
if (deviceIsOff(detector_device)) {
   deviceOff(light_device);
}

OnnoH
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by OnnoH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

After installing the 3.2.5 the AeonLabs Multi Sensor doesn't output anything to the raw log, whereas 3.2.2 did (something along the lines you quoted above). The Fibaro wall plug does reveal itself (twice) as a sensor, both model:zwave and model:internal. Although it's a switch, it's also a power meter, which qualifies it as a sensor I believe ;-)

I also filled in the parameter field with Temp In, so I suspect a value in the Level column. Alas, no such luck.

The scripts are started at startup, but then not triggered again.

Bear with me: I really like the approach, although the UI is slow. Guess the Pi isn't ready for 'full blown Java' :-)

Is there something else that needs configuring, e.g. Server URL, parameters for the Fibaro Binary Power Switch etc.?

hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

OnnoH wrote:Bear with me: I really like the approach, although the UI is slow. Guess the Pi isn't ready for 'full blown Java' :-)
Adding the "Hotspot Client JIT (from the JavaFX 8 preview)" increases performance, I saw numbers on it somewhere... about 2-10 times, I have not done this on the image because it is not allowed to distribute it to others (each one is free to download it).
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 35#p238135

JDK 8 (with JavaFX) for ARM Early Access
http://jdk8.java.net/fxarmpreview/index.html
This page contains a JDK 8 including JavaFX on Linux for ARM processors. The Early Access is provided to the community so that we can get feedback on the ongoing progress of the project. We wanted to get this release out to you as quickly as we can so you can start using this build of JDK 8 on an ARM device, such as the a Raspberry Pi.

Code: Select all

# Install openjdk-7 and the icedtea-web browser plugin
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre icedtea-7-plugin
# Extract the Oracle Client Hotspot JVM from the JavaFX 8 preview
tar --extract --verbose --file=jdk-8-ea-b36e-linux-arm-hflt-29_nov_2012.tar.gz jdk1.8.0/jre/lib/arm/client
# Place the client hotspot dir containing the libjvm.so inside the OpenJDK 7 jre/lib/arm folder
sudo mv jdk1.8.0/jre/lib/arm/client /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf/jre/lib/arm/oracle
# Configure the OpenJDK Runtime to use the Oracle client Hotspot JVM dir
# This sed command places -oracle KNOWN at the first line of jvm-armhf.cfg
sudo sed -i -e "1i\\-oracle KNOWN" /etc/java-7-openjdk/jvm-armhf.cfg
java -version
java version "1.7.0_07" <--- This is the OpenJDK 7 Update version
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.2) (7u7-2.3.2a-1+rpi1) <--- This is the OpenJDK 7 Runtime version
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.0-b04, mixed mode) <--- This is the Oracle Client Hotspot JVM version
OnnoH wrote:After installing the 3.2.5 the AeonLabs Multi Sensor doesn't output anything to the raw log, whereas 3.2.2 did (something along the lines you quoted above). The Fibaro wall plug does reveal itself (twice) as a sensor, both model:zwave and model:internal. Although it's a switch, it's also a power meter, which qualifies it as a sensor I believe ;-)

I also filled in the parameter field with Temp In, so I suspect a value in the Level column. Alas, no such luck.

The scripts are started at startup, but then not triggered again.

Is there something else that needs configuring, e.g. Server URL, parameters for the Fibaro Binary Power Switch etc.?
You can execute both bsh files manually, that might give some input, select menu option 'Action --> Execute Script'

The "model:internal" is the sum of all values in the Watts column, this is the value written to the tile bar, it can be used in bsh files or web pages.
You can manually enter a value in the Watts field for a device that not is able to report the power consumption.

Please upgrade to 3.2.6 and if it still not working give me the text that is written to the Console window (make a copy by selecting the text and press the CTRL+INS buttons).

razordave
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by razordave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

hekj wrote:
razordave wrote:hi, im using your Raspberry image and its runing great ....THANK YOU!!!
my only question is will there be away i can activate the Telldus center to my account .....as this connects ok but doesnt give me the option to activate so i can use my phone and telldus app......cheers
:-)

I'm not using telldus live myself, but make sure that Midori is the default web browser.

Open a terminal window and type the following (sudo line and the digit 2):
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
There are 2 choices for the alternative x-www-browser (providing /usr/bin/x-www-browser).

Selection Path Priority Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0 /usr/bin/dillo 50 auto mode
1 /usr/bin/dillo 50 manual mode
2 /usr/bin/midori 50 manual mode

Press enter to keep the current choice[*] or type selection number : 2
If it still not working perhaps you can copy the Telldus Live configuration from a windows computer running NexaHome.

Code: Select all

http://<the NH server ip address>:<the port number>/nexahome?tellduscenter=conf
The TelldusCenter configuration should be written to the file ~/.config/Telldus/TelldusCenter.conf

Hi, ive installed both tellduscenter and nexa home on both windows pc and raspberry pi , i can use my teldus app on my phone or via web whilst using my telstick as its conectined to windows pc , i can only use nexa home web page from phone via web browser, you said i could copy over my telldus live info from my windows pc to the config file on my pi .... where would i find the information as i cant seem to see it anywhere? Sorry to be a pain

hekj
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am
Location: Stockholm
Contact:

Re: NexaHome - Raspbian wheezy - TellStick - RaZberry

Post by hekj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

razordave wrote: Hi, ive installed both tellduscenter and nexa home on both windows pc and raspberry pi , i can use my teldus app on my phone or via web whilst using my telstick as its conectined to windows pc , i can only use nexa home web page from phone via web browser, you said i could copy over my telldus live info from my windows pc to the config file on my pi .... where would i find the information as i cant seem to see it anywhere? Sorry to be a pain
Have you tried the following url in your Midori web browser, did you get any output?

Code: Select all

http://<the NexaHome webserver ip address on windows computer>:<the port number>/nexahome?tellduscenter=conf
The TelldusCenter configuration should be written to the file ~/.config/Telldus/TelldusCenter.conf

Post Reply