Configuration for DUO with two light buttons

Moderator: Telldus

davka003

Configuration for DUO with two light buttons

Post by davka003 »

Hi
I have just received a DUO and is trying to configure it to maintain the status of all lamps in my home. I have 18 lamps remotly controlled and most of them have physical transmitters working side by side with the Tellstick + webpage solution.

How should I create a tellstick.conf (in linux) that reflects that I have two light buttons that both control the same lamp. (i.e. In the stairs and in a long hallway).

In general I am a little bit disappointed by the range/sensitivity of the receive-side of the DUO but perhaps I may make it work with a clever antenna positioning.

Thanks
David
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
davka003

Re: Configuration for DUO with two light buttons

Post by davka003 »

No respons on this. And I assume this is a tricky one because the configuration seems to map a single house/unit code to a device which is not a true view of real life as most receivers has support for several transmitters.

A good solution would be to allow for an API call that change a device status without sending anything out. While asking I would also like to have a call to ask of a time stamp of latest command.
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
hne

Post by hne »

davka003 wrote: How should I create a tellstick.conf (in linux) that reflects that I have two light buttons that both control the same lamp. (i.e. In the stairs and in a long hallway).
If you have codeswitch lamps, both transmitters would have to send the same code, and you use that code in your tellstick.conf
If you have self learning lamps, I don't think you can get it to work, since only one code can be configured per device in tellstick.conf and the two buttons would use different codes.
eram

Post by eram »

Hi, same query here

i'm using a couple of remotes (self learning config / chacon) to control a bunch of lights in a big room, and would like to monitor the status of lights, regardless of the remote used to control them.
geirgp

Post by geirgp »

i need the same thing, so please report back if you figure out a workaround :)
davka003

Post by davka003 »

I am planning to implement it one level above the Telldus API in my automagically software. But it is some work to do and it will be specific for that system.

This is according to me a serious flaw in the API/configuration of Telldus products.
geirgp

Post by geirgp »

davka003 wrote:This is according to me a serious flaw in the API/configuration of Telldus products.
word, should definitely be able to configure this somehow!
eram

Post by eram »

Meanwhile, i had an idea :
- map normally remote 1 and the plugs this becomes the "Master" remote, working without Telldus key
- add this remote/plug in Telldus system
- create in telldus 'virtual' plugs that respond to the codes of remote 2,3 ... NOT PROGRAMMED on the real plugs
- create a shell script looping endlessly, checking the plug status of each remote (real & virtual ones), if one is 'on/off' an not the others, the script will switch 'on/off' all others.

I had no time yet to get it fully working, but first test are ok.

BUT doing this, i had the telldus center crashing a couple of times, (maybe without any relation with my experiments), so i'll wait to have reasonable time to follow this idea, I'm only discovering the system.

The other bad thing is that in Telldus Live i see all plugs, real (cool) and virtual ones too .
davka003

Post by davka003 »

I appreciate your work. I am thinking in similar terms but there is one big problem that I see and that is dimmer devices.