Telldus Center on Raspberry Pi with Debian

Moderator: Telldus

ga3ns3blu3mchen

Telldus Center on Raspberry Pi with Debian

Post by ga3ns3blu3mchen »

Hi,
i have a Tellstick for nearly 2 Years now, and i am using it on my Windows 7 based XBMC MediaCenter. Because the Mediacenter always have to run for the Tellstick, i bought a Raspberry Pi and i really love it.
My problem is, that i am new to Linux and only got the Tellstick - Core Services to work with Command Lines, and even with the guide it was hard for me as a newbie.
Because i am using Telldus Live! and Switch King i need to install Telldus Center, but i dont know how. Could Someone help me, and give me some hints. I want to have the Raspberry Pi as an Tellstick Server, running 24/7 and be controlled by XBMC, Android Tablet and Phone, Webaccess and of course, by schedules.

Thanks
Jon
ga3ns3blu3mchen

Re: Telldus Center on Raspberry Pi with Debian

Hey,
i tried to compile from source but i don't get it to work. just want to have controll over the tellstick on raspberry pi with telldus live! :(

could anyone help me?

PS: the failure i get:
root@raspberrypi:~/telldus-core-2.1.1/telldus-gui-2.1.1# su -c "make install"
[ 11%] Built target TelldusCenter
[ 38%] Built target telldus-gui
[ 38%] Built target common
[ 39%] Built target telldus
[ 42%] Built target TelldusCorePlugin
[ 43%] Built target Devices
[ 45%] Built target SystrayIcon
[ 45%] Building CXX object Plugins/Sensors/CMakeFiles/Sensors.dir/sensorsplugin.o
/root/telldus-core-2.1.1/telldus-gui-2.1.1/Plugins/Sensors/sensorsplugin.cpp:5:25: error: QtDeclarative: No such file or directory
/root/telldus-core-2.1.1/telldus-gui-2.1.1/Plugins/Sensors/sensorsplugin.cpp: In constructor âSensorsPlugin::SensorsPlugin(QObject*)â:
/root/telldus-core-2.1.1/telldus-gui-2.1.1/Plugins/Sensors/sensorsplugin.cpp:17: error: âqmlRegisterTypeâ was not declared in this scope
/root/telldus-core-2.1.1/telldus-gui-2.1.1/Plugins/Sensors/sensorsplugin.cpp:17: error: expected primary-expression before â>â token
make[2]: *** [Plugins/Sensors/CMakeFiles/Sensors.dir/sensorsplugin.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Plugins/Sensors/CMakeFiles/Sensors.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Two solutions:
1) Install QtDeclarative
or
2) Deactivate the Sensors module, since this one requires QtDeclarative.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
ga3ns3blu3mchen

how can i deactivate the sensor modules?

Hur kan jag inaktivera sensormodulerna?

thank you
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

Check the cmake cache. Easiest with ccmake.

Code: Select all

ccmake .
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
ga3ns3blu3mchen

Thank you for your help :)
Sadly I think I am too dumb for Linux :P I've got the TelldusCenter running (gui) but i can not add devices with the gui. Activating Telldus Live! doesn't appear in the tray as well. I am so close to sell my Tellstick and buy a Tellstick Net...but here i only get 20€ for my old stick (a lot of fake tellsticks on the market) and Tellstick Net costs about 110€ :(

Right at the moment i only need Telldus Live!, so i will try the python script for tdtool, but i am not very optimistic :P i hope that someday, someone with a tellstick, raspberry pi and linux skills will create an image or an guide to install it :)
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

If you cannot add devices this usually means permissions problems with /etc/tellstick.conf. Check which user telldusd runs as and compare with the permissions on the file.
You can also try editing the file manually.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
ga3ns3blu3mchen

Thank you for the reply :)
I thought the same but since i was logged in as root it shouldn't be a problem. Editing the file manually works fine, and the devices appear in the gui then. But the only reason i wanted TelldusCenter to work was Telldus Live!. This evening i will try the python script, but since i never used python befor, i am not very optimistic :D

PS: Somone from the Forum here posted a image for the Raspberry Pi, which works really good, i really appriciate his work, but in my opinion and for my usage, Telldus Live! is the future :)
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

ga3ns3blu3mchen wrote:I thought the same but since i was logged in as root it shouldn't be a problem.
What user you are logged in as doesn't matter. telldusd changes its permissions when run as root.
ga3ns3blu3mchen wrote:This evening i will try the python script
What python script are you talking about?
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
ga3ns3blu3mchen

ok, i will take a look at the permissions.

i meant this one: http://developer.telldus.com/browser/ex ... /tdtool.py

But i heavent took a close look at it, if it is what i am looking for.
micke.prag
Site Admin

Post by micke.prag »

The python script you refer to is a tdtool implementation over Telldus Live! API. Before you have Telldus Live! in TelldusCenter running you will have no use for the script.
Micke Prag
Software
Telldus Technologies
davka003

Post by davka003 »

ga3ns3blu3mchen wrote: PS: Somone from the Forum here posted a image for the Raspberry Pi, which works really good, i really appriciate his work, but in my opinion and for my usage, Telldus Live! is the future :)
Hi once there are at least beta level version of headless tellduscenter for Linux it will be included in my image. I try to follow what is happening on this. I would realy like to have it. Please let me know if beta testers are needed.

Home automation @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
ga3ns3blu3mchen

Hi davka,
great to hear that you are continuing the work on your image. reading your blog, i thought you stop working on your image. any chance you will use raspbian as the basis for your next image?
davka003

Post by davka003 »

I am not stoppning my work on the image. I have a lot of ideas so next steps forward are probably Rasbian as base, better looking pages perhaps including some skinning possibilities and most importantly handling of input signals from a duo.

I also have got in touch with two that want to contribute to this and that collaboration will probably include USB-uirt support, REST/json API and a LCARS theme for all the treckies out there.
My home automation software: Automagically @ Raspberry Pi http://automagically.weebly.com
davka003

Post by davka003 »

ga3ns3blu3mchen wrote:Hi davka,
great to hear that you are continuing the work on your image. reading your blog, i thought you stop working on your image. any chance you will use raspbian as the basis for your next image?
New Raspbian image uploaded this morning. See my homepage link in footer.